In a recent interview to Financial Review (Australia), Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella has reiterated Microsoft’s focus to find that “most ultimate mobile device”. Microsoft, as per Nadella will not play in the market defined by major Smartphone leaders.
“We will continue to be in the phone market not as defined by today’s market leaders, but by what it is that we can uniquely do in what is the most ultimate mobile device,” he said.
He referred HP Elite X3 as one of the examples of structural innovation pursued by Microsoft.
Referring to HP’s Elite X3 device, which is part smartphone and part mini Windows PC, Mr Nadella said Microsoft was already present in “structural innovation” in the phone arena, and was focusing on productivity, management and security in mobile.
“We don’t want to be driven by just envy of what others have, the question is, what can we bring? That’s where I look at any device form factor or any technology, even AI,” he said.
We have reasons to believe that upcoming Snapdragon 830 / 835 processor will have capability to support such level of virtualization. Windows 10 Mobile Redstone 3 will not only bring 64-Bit architecture for Windows 10 Mobile, but will also enable X86-on-ARM64 -Emulator.
Read our Full Surface Phone Coverage:
- Nokia Android Phones, Surface Phone, Creators Update: What 2017 has in store?
- Claimed Microsoft Surface Phone renders leak in china. Bears the Surface Phone name.
- Microsoft CMO hints at brand-new category of Mobile devices in 2017
- Microsoft will be present at MWC 2017. What to expect?
- Surface Phone Protos run on Snadragon 835. Display Size, processor, RAM details from our sources
- Official: Windows 10 on ARM brings X86 Win32 apps to Snapdragon processors. Video
- Surface Phone Leaks & Rumors roundup: All that we know yet
- CEO Nadella to Microsoft Shareholders: Not stepping away from mobile devices
- Report: ODM Pegatron ready to begin trial production of Surface Phone
- Nadella talks about “most ultimate mobile device”, “structural innovation” in the phone arena
- Microsoft planning X86 Emulator on ARM64 for Redstone 3 (Surface Phone)??
- Leaked images reveal cancelled Windows Phone with Intel chip & Laptop Dock
- Satya Nadella: Microsoft creating Phone categories with “some new form, new function, new value added”
- Microsoft: There will be Windows Mobile “devices” with ARM Chips & Cellular connectivity
- Surface Phone may come with its own Surface Laptop Accessory. 3-in-1 Form factor to be major highlight
- New Surface Phone concept takes inspiration from Surface Pro 4
- Microsoft committed to 1st Party devices (Surface Phone), Windows 10 Mobile. Hypes about “Summer update”
- Microsoft Surface Phone’s new concept imagines colorful personality with Pen & Keyboard
- Why Microsoft has pushed Surface Phone launch to (Aug-Sep 2017)?
- Another report claims Surface Phone(s) will run on Snapdragon (ARM) processor