We just reported about Terry Myerson talking about Windows 10 Mobile Devices with ARM chips and cellular connectivity and now we have some more from CEO Nadella. Satya Nadella has also talked about creating Phone Categories with “some new form, new function, new value added”.
In an interview to WSJ, he has to say this.
We have devices which are phones today. But the place where we are focused is, what is the unique thing that our phone can do? So for example, we have a phone that can replace your PC, the same way that we have a tablet that can replace your laptop. Those are the categories we want to create. We need some new form, new function, new value added.”
In an earlier interview too, Satya has talked about Microsoft’s strategy of building upon the unique capability of Continuum for Phones and expecting it to carve a new category of “Continuum Phones”. We have reported via our sources that Surface Phone may not be just another phone but a 3-in-1 form factor device in itself.
Read our Full Surface Phone Coverage:
- Nokia Android Phones, Surface Phone, Creators Update: What 2017 has in store?
- Claimed Microsoft Surface Phone renders leak in china. Bears the Surface Phone name.
- Microsoft CMO hints at brand-new category of Mobile devices in 2017
- Microsoft will be present at MWC 2017. What to expect?
- Surface Phone Protos run on Snadragon 835. Display Size, processor, RAM details from our sources
- Official: Windows 10 on ARM brings X86 Win32 apps to Snapdragon processors. Video
- Surface Phone Leaks & Rumors roundup: All that we know yet
- CEO Nadella to Microsoft Shareholders: Not stepping away from mobile devices
- Report: ODM Pegatron ready to begin trial production of Surface Phone
- Nadella talks about “most ultimate mobile device”, “structural innovation” in the phone arena
- Microsoft planning X86 Emulator on ARM64 for Redstone 3 (Surface Phone)??
- Leaked images reveal cancelled Windows Phone with Intel chip & Laptop Dock
- Satya Nadella: Microsoft creating Phone categories with “some new form, new function, new value added”
- Microsoft: There will be Windows Mobile “devices” with ARM Chips & Cellular connectivity
- Surface Phone may come with its own Surface Laptop Accessory. 3-in-1 Form factor to be major highlight
- New Surface Phone concept takes inspiration from Surface Pro 4
- Microsoft committed to 1st Party devices (Surface Phone), Windows 10 Mobile. Hypes about “Summer update”
- Microsoft Surface Phone’s new concept imagines colorful personality with Pen & Keyboard
- Why Microsoft has pushed Surface Phone launch to (Aug-Sep 2017)?
- Another report claims Surface Phone(s) will run on Snapdragon (ARM) processor