Surface Phone, which has already attained bit of a mythical status has been part of many rumors in last few months. From news of its death to its delayed arrival rumors of all kinds have been circulating over internet. Our sources have also confirmed that Surface Phone launch is delayed now to late 2017. You can read our full Surface Phone coverage by clicking here.
Now, we have learned something interesting about Microsoft’s Surface Phone plans. Our sources tell us that Microsoft is planning to make the 3-in-1 form factor a major highlight feature or USP of Surface Phone. Microsoft may be testing a Laptop accessory for Surface Phone that may carry “Surface Brand”.
While it may not sound logical enough considering Surface range of 2-in-1 devices already doing well in market, Microsoft is exploring the next “big category”. Surface Phone will be the ultimate 3-in-1 flagship with much more powerful “Continuum” feature. It will make the “Surface Laptop” accessory much more useful “almost good enough to replace your Laptop”.
While HP Elite X3 comes with its own Lap Dock, the experience offered can be said to be preliminary at the best. The 3-in-1 experience will improve a lot with upcoming “Creators update” and Redstone 3. We earlier reported about Mobile to be focus of the Redstone 3 update.
We have earlier reported rumors about three Surface Phone variants and their RAM / Internal Storage. We have exclusively reported about Surface Phone to be powered by Snapdragon 830 further confirmed by rumors originating from other sources too.
Read our Full Surface Phone Coverage:
- Nokia Android Phones, Surface Phone, Creators Update: What 2017 has in store?
- Claimed Microsoft Surface Phone renders leak in china. Bears the Surface Phone name.
- Microsoft CMO hints at brand-new category of Mobile devices in 2017
- Microsoft will be present at MWC 2017. What to expect?
- Surface Phone Protos run on Snadragon 835. Display Size, processor, RAM details from our sources
- Official: Windows 10 on ARM brings X86 Win32 apps to Snapdragon processors. Video
- Surface Phone Leaks & Rumors roundup: All that we know yet
- CEO Nadella to Microsoft Shareholders: Not stepping away from mobile devices
- Report: ODM Pegatron ready to begin trial production of Surface Phone
- Nadella talks about “most ultimate mobile device”, “structural innovation” in the phone arena
- Microsoft planning X86 Emulator on ARM64 for Redstone 3 (Surface Phone)??
- Leaked images reveal cancelled Windows Phone with Intel chip & Laptop Dock
- Satya Nadella: Microsoft creating Phone categories with “some new form, new function, new value added”
- Microsoft: There will be Windows Mobile “devices” with ARM Chips & Cellular connectivity
- Surface Phone may come with its own Surface Laptop Accessory. 3-in-1 Form factor to be major highlight
- New Surface Phone concept takes inspiration from Surface Pro 4
- Microsoft committed to 1st Party devices (Surface Phone), Windows 10 Mobile. Hypes about “Summer update”
- Microsoft Surface Phone’s new concept imagines colorful personality with Pen & Keyboard
- Why Microsoft has pushed Surface Phone launch to (Aug-Sep 2017)?
- Another report claims Surface Phone(s) will run on Snapdragon (ARM) processor