Seems, the season for Nokia takeover rumors is again on and you might have heard very similar rumors even before. Huawei talking about and then denying and Microsoft coming closer to inch a deal and then going back, we have heard all those in past. It is no surprise that whenever Nokia is about to deliver good results, we start hearing a lot of these talks.
Q2 may be the time when Nokia may be able to post really serious Lumia sales statistics. There are many evidences to support this.
- Nokia themselves has said, they expect more than 27% growth in Lumia sales in Q2 over Q1, which give us more than 7 million Lumias sold.
- Other evidences like strong growth in Lumia 520, 620 and 720 percentage in Q2 also indicates brisk sales. Read more,
- Nokia Account as shown amazing growth of 65% over Q2, which may really be telling something,
Apart from these evidences, one must consider,
- Nokia is not a rudderless company without a proper strategy in place and it has all upcoming product introductions and marketing strategy well-planned. EOS with 41 MP camera, Phablet, Dual-sim Lumias are well hinted and planned.
- MS and Nokia are enjoying best of relationships and it is no-brainer to think they would like to continue in similar way, rather than going for a merger, which hardly yields any value in short to long run over the current situation.
So, looks like sentiment manipulation may be the name of game here, with manipulators expecting Nokia share to go up once Q2 results are out and they may be enticing other now to sell the shares so that they can buy them and encash later.
It is simple to understand actually that at a time when Nokia has introduced volume winners like Lumia 520, 620 and 720 and they are doing well, why sudden talks of takeover are in picture.
Just our 2 cents!!