We last reported about HMD CEO talking about some sort of partnership with Google for upcoming Nokia Android Smartphones. Now it seems the partnership may be about offering near-pure Android experience on the Nokia Android phones. In another interview, HMD CEO has again talked about collaboration with Google and has revealed bit more about it. So, it seems the Nokia Android experience will be easy to use and uncluttered. That sounds like music to my ears at least.
Nokia was always known for its ease to use phones, before half-baked Symbian experience took its toll followed by the bitter Windows Phone saga. So, good to see HMD management, which has some top ex-Nokia and Microsoft Phone executives already repeating their hard-learned lessons. From the NDTV interview,
What will be the Nokia Android experience be like?
Nummela: “We are in tight collaboration with Google in terms of the Android experience and the main highlight of Nokia device is easy to use and we are not going to clutter our device at all. It will be the perfect execution of Android and we will disclose at our first product launch.”
Now coming to another lesson learned by current HMD team, it seems unlike in past, Nokia Android Phones will ship soon after launch. And the launch will most probably take place during MWC 2017. From the Forbes interview,
But what does ‘launch’ actually mean? It’s worth a final throw of the dice.
“Launch means we’ll launch the device to the public…” Nummela playfully smiles. But hold on. I also recognise an impish sense of humour, there’s a bit more. “…and it is good practice to go on sale very soon after a launch.”
We earlier reported about two high-end Nokia Android Nougat Phones in works as a part of upcoming Nokia Android portfolio. We have also reported some exclusive information about upcoming Nokia Android smartphone Nokia D1C, which is quite can read our full Nokia D1C coverage by clicking here.
Read our Full Nokia Phones coverage:
- Nokia 8 Sirocco, 7 Plus, 6.1 & 1 available in Australia now
- Updated list of markets. May Security update comes to Nokia 3.
- Nokia X6 sold out in 10 seconds, as it amassed over 700,000 reservations in China
- Nokia 6.1 (6 2018) Camera review. Camera comparison vs Nokia 6
- Best Nokia 7 Plus deals in India, UK, Germany, France & other markets
- Best Nokia 6.1 (6 2018) deals in India, UK, US, Germany & other markets
- Nokia 2 now gets May Security update. [List of Markets]
- Nokia X6 global launch confirmed, as 92% Nokia fans vote for it
- May Security update for Nokia 8 Sirocco available now. [List of Markets]
- Nokia Smartphone TA-1057/TA-1063 with 18:9 display, 2900 mAH battery seen at FCC
- Nokia 8 Sirocco & 7 Plus Camera review. Camera comparison vs Nokia 8
- New Nokia X6 variant TA-1103 seen raising hope of a global launch
- May Security update for Nokia 1 rolling out now. [List of Markets]
- Nokia 7 Plus gets Dual-VoLTE support & May security update with new Oreo 8.1 Build. List of markets
- Nokia 6 2018 gets Dual-VoLTE & May security update with receiving new Oreo Build. List of markets
- May Security update for Nokia 8 rolling out now. Updated list of markets
- Nokia 8 to get Pro Camera update soon as HMD explains reason behind the delay
- Nokia X6 goes official with price starting at Yuan 1299. All the details
- Official Nokia X6 Specifications, Release Date, Price, Photos, Video & more
- Image of a new Nokia Android One smartphone leaks in China with Lumia-esque Phabula design