We last reported about HMD CEO talking about some sort of partnership with Google for upcoming Nokia Android Smartphones. Now it seems the partnership may be about offering near-pure Android experience on the Nokia Android phones. In another interview, HMD CEO has again talked about collaboration with Google and has revealed bit more about it. So, it seems the Nokia Android experience will be easy to use and uncluttered. That sounds like music to my ears at least.
Nokia was always known for its ease to use phones, before half-baked Symbian experience took its toll followed by the bitter Windows Phone saga. So, good to see HMD management, which has some top ex-Nokia and Microsoft Phone executives already repeating their hard-learned lessons. From the NDTV interview,
What will be the Nokia Android experience be like?
Nummela: “We are in tight collaboration with Google in terms of the Android experience and the main highlight of Nokia device is easy to use and we are not going to clutter our device at all. It will be the perfect execution of Android and we will disclose at our first product launch.”
Now coming to another lesson learned by current HMD team, it seems unlike in past, Nokia Android Phones will ship soon after launch. And the launch will most probably take place during MWC 2017. From the Forbes interview,
But what does ‘launch’ actually mean? It’s worth a final throw of the dice.
“Launch means we’ll launch the device to the public…” Nummela playfully smiles. But hold on. I also recognise an impish sense of humour, there’s a bit more. “…and it is good practice to go on sale very soon after a launch.”
We earlier reported about two high-end Nokia Android Nougat Phones in works as a part of upcoming Nokia Android portfolio. We have also reported some exclusive information about upcoming Nokia Android smartphone Nokia D1C, which is quite can read our full Nokia D1C coverage by clicking here.
Read our Full Nokia Phones coverage:
- Updated: Nokia 2 pre-order opens at BestBuy, B&H and Amazon
- HMD: Nokia 6 Android Oreo Beta update “around the corner”
- Nokia 8 Camera UI, tips & tricks to get the best out of it [Hands-on video]
- Nokia 8 Display & Audio test: Outdoors, Video watching, Viewing angles & more
- A bug kills Background apps on Nokia 5 post Android 7.1.2/October security update
- HMD teases “good show” for Nokia Phones at MWC 2018
- Deals: Amazon UK selling Nokia 8 (£379), Nokia 5 (£129) & Nokia 3 (£99)
- Nokia Feature phones drove segment growth in Russia, says Counterpoint
- Nokia 5 (TA-1053) receiving November Android Security update now
- Nokia 3 receiving November Android Security update now
- Nokia Mobile Support app update brings user guide localizations improvements
- Nokia 2 available to buy in South Africa as a Vodacom exclusive
- Nokia 3 Camera app receives an update with performance improvements
- Best deals (Nov) on Nokia 8 (Rs 34099), Nokia 5 (Rs 12250) & Nokia 3 (Rs 8180) from India
- Best UK deals (Nov) on Nokia 8 (£399), Nokia 6(£179), Nokia 5 (£149) & Nokia 3 (£119)
- Nokia 6 TA-1000/TA-1003 variants get November Security update
- First update to Nokia 7 brings November security patch and more improvements
- Nokia 8 now stuns iPhone X in speed test (real-life performance)
- Android Oreo update for Nokia 8 coming soon as Beta testing deemed completed
- Nokia Mobile Support app updated with improved support chat