In an interview to Economic Times in India, HMD top management team has touched upon many things about upcoming Nokia Android smartphones. From the interview, it seems clear that the ex-Nokia management team is all set to take the smartphone world by storm.
While premium Nokia quality and innovations are given we can also expect very competitive pricing. It also seems Nokia will cater to many price points instead of going for only the top-end of smartphone space. Nokia D1C is Nokia’s upcoming Android smartphone targeted to low to mid-range of the smartphone buyers.
Q: Will there be entry level smartphones, under $100?
It will be premium execution in each and every price point and we know how important our mid to low price point devices in India and we are carefully looking at consumers and what they want us to do.
Q: How do you plan to counter extreme competition in India?
A:We are going to be extremely comeptitive in terms of the specifications and price but we’re not going to be highlighting the megapixels or Ghz. This is going to be the true Nokia entering the market again.
Florian: We have the opportunity to distance from the competition, we can take a human aspect on technology. We have the brand equity and we want to leverage that to the fullest. Every product, marketing, will be the true to the Nokia brand and the foundation of it. Stability, quality, reliabilty and then we’re bringing in innovation where it matters the most for consumer, and removing the clutter. This will be seen through Nokia line up coming to life again.
It also feels great to hear that HMD is all set to take it as a long-term game and is ready to dug its heels.
Q: How confident are you for taking Nokia back to the glory days of 70% market share in India and global leadership?
A: 70% sounds fantastic and it might be that the world is not exactly what is used to be 5-10 years ago. But we have no doubt in a market like India, in other markets also, that we’re going to be extremely strong player. And we have the patience to do this, it is a long term plan together with all our partners including manufacturing partners. We’re not here to rush but we’re absolutely confident that we’re taking a significant share in the coming years.
We earlier reported about two high-end Nokia Android Nougat Phones in works as a part of upcoming Nokia Android portfolio. We have also reported some exclusive information about upcoming Nokia Android smartphone Nokia D1C, which is quite can read our full Nokia D1C coverage by clicking here.
Read our Full Nokia Phones coverage:
- Nokia 3310 (2017) pre-order opens in UAE. Will be available starting June 5
- Nokia 3310 (2017) unboxing & first hands-on impressions video
- Nokia 3310 (2017) now available to buy online in India
- Retailer opens pre-order for Nokia 3,5 and 6 in Poland. Pricing & Release dates revealed
- Nokia 9 with 8 GB RAM shows up on Geekbench now
- Check out the Nokia 7 intro video based on previous leak
- Nokia 3310 (2017) now available to buy in UK. Price and other details
- Nokia 9 (TA-1004) shows up with Snapdragon 835 at Geekbench now
- HMD India acknowledges huge Nokia 3310 (2017) demand in its official statement given to NPU
- Nokia 3310 (2017) comes with guaranteed replacement instead of repair. User Guide now available
- Nokia 3310 (2017) Buy / Pre-order links, Price and release date for All markets
- Nokia 3310 (2017) official release date for Spain is May 24. Pre-order opens at MediaMarkt
- Nokia 9 prototype’s hand-made image leaked in China. 13 MP Dual-Lens Camera claimed
- Nokia 3310 (2017) will be available in Portugal from May 24. Pre-order links
- Are these 1st Benchmark listings of Nokia 7, 8, 9 with Snapdragon 835, 660 & 630 in tow
- Thailand will get Nokia 3 in June 2nd week; Nokia 5, 6 in June. Prices announced
- Old Nokia Phones like Nokia 3310 popular as Sex Toys.
- HMD sends invites for Nokia 3, 5 & 6 launch event in Malaysia on May 30
- Nokia 3310 (2017)available in Russia now. Prices & Release Dates for Nokia 3, 5 & 6 also announced
- Nokia 3310 (2017) will be available in France from May 22