In an interview to Economic Times in India, HMD top management team has touched upon many things about upcoming Nokia Android smartphones. From the interview, it seems clear that the ex-Nokia management team is all set to take the smartphone world by storm.
While premium Nokia quality and innovations are given we can also expect very competitive pricing. It also seems Nokia will cater to many price points instead of going for only the top-end of smartphone space. Nokia D1C is Nokia’s upcoming Android smartphone targeted to low to mid-range of the smartphone buyers.
Q: Will there be entry level smartphones, under $100?
It will be premium execution in each and every price point and we know how important our mid to low price point devices in India and we are carefully looking at consumers and what they want us to do.
Q: How do you plan to counter extreme competition in India?
A:We are going to be extremely comeptitive in terms of the specifications and price but we’re not going to be highlighting the megapixels or Ghz. This is going to be the true Nokia entering the market again.
Florian: We have the opportunity to distance from the competition, we can take a human aspect on technology. We have the brand equity and we want to leverage that to the fullest. Every product, marketing, will be the true to the Nokia brand and the foundation of it. Stability, quality, reliabilty and then we’re bringing in innovation where it matters the most for consumer, and removing the clutter. This will be seen through Nokia line up coming to life again.
It also feels great to hear that HMD is all set to take it as a long-term game and is ready to dug its heels.
Q: How confident are you for taking Nokia back to the glory days of 70% market share in India and global leadership?
A: 70% sounds fantastic and it might be that the world is not exactly what is used to be 5-10 years ago. But we have no doubt in a market like India, in other markets also, that we’re going to be extremely strong player. And we have the patience to do this, it is a long term plan together with all our partners including manufacturing partners. We’re not here to rush but we’re absolutely confident that we’re taking a significant share in the coming years.
We earlier reported about two high-end Nokia Android Nougat Phones in works as a part of upcoming Nokia Android portfolio. We have also reported some exclusive information about upcoming Nokia Android smartphone Nokia D1C, which is quite can read our full Nokia D1C coverage by clicking here.
Read our Full Nokia Phones coverage:
- Nokia 7 Plus gets its 1st Android P OTA Build as the DP3 (Beta 3) update. How to install
- Nokia X6 (6.1 Plus) may be launched in India & other Asian markets in August/September time-frame
- Nokia X5 (5.1 Plus) will now be launched on July 18 in China
- Nokia 3.1 available in Germany, Italy, Russia & Malaysia now
- Nokia 5.1 Plus (X5 ) Specifications, Release Date, Price, Photos & more
- Nokia 6.1 also getting July Security update now. Updated list of markets
- July Security update for Nokia 8 available now. Updated list of markets
- Nokia 7 Plus now getting July Android Security update. Updated list of markets
- Official Nokia X6 (6.1 Plus) Specifications, Release Date, Price, Photos, Video & more
- Nokia X5 (5.1 Plus) China launch event cancelled
- Nokia 2 gets a new Android Oreo 8.1 Beta build with July Security update
- Nokia X5 may come with Helio P60 processor, good-quality images of two color models leak
- Nokia X5 (5.1 Plus) official launch event on July 11 teased by HMD
- Report: Nokia X6 coming as Nokia 6.1 Plus in Taiwan market on July 19
- Leak: Nokia X5 (5.1 Plus) coming on July 11, Snapdragon 710/845 Nokia smartphones rumored in Q3
- Nokia 3.1 available to buy in UAE now. Details inside
- New Nokia Phones TA-1119 & TA-1087 appear in Russian certification
- Nokia 8110 4G to get WhatsApp, as it becomes available for KaiOS, teases HMD
- July Security update for Nokia 5 & 6 rolling out now. [List of Markets]
- Nokia 1 now getting June Security update with stability improvements. List of markets