In an interview to Economic Times in India, HMD top management team has touched upon many things about upcoming Nokia Android smartphones. From the interview, it seems clear that the ex-Nokia management team is all set to take the smartphone world by storm.
While premium Nokia quality and innovations are given we can also expect very competitive pricing. It also seems Nokia will cater to many price points instead of going for only the top-end of smartphone space. Nokia D1C is Nokia’s upcoming Android smartphone targeted to low to mid-range of the smartphone buyers.
Q: Will there be entry level smartphones, under $100?
It will be premium execution in each and every price point and we know how important our mid to low price point devices in India and we are carefully looking at consumers and what they want us to do.
Q: How do you plan to counter extreme competition in India?
A:We are going to be extremely comeptitive in terms of the specifications and price but we’re not going to be highlighting the megapixels or Ghz. This is going to be the true Nokia entering the market again.
Florian: We have the opportunity to distance from the competition, we can take a human aspect on technology. We have the brand equity and we want to leverage that to the fullest. Every product, marketing, will be the true to the Nokia brand and the foundation of it. Stability, quality, reliabilty and then we’re bringing in innovation where it matters the most for consumer, and removing the clutter. This will be seen through Nokia line up coming to life again.
It also feels great to hear that HMD is all set to take it as a long-term game and is ready to dug its heels.
Q: How confident are you for taking Nokia back to the glory days of 70% market share in India and global leadership?
A: 70% sounds fantastic and it might be that the world is not exactly what is used to be 5-10 years ago. But we have no doubt in a market like India, in other markets also, that we’re going to be extremely strong player. And we have the patience to do this, it is a long term plan together with all our partners including manufacturing partners. We’re not here to rush but we’re absolutely confident that we’re taking a significant share in the coming years.
We earlier reported about two high-end Nokia Android Nougat Phones in works as a part of upcoming Nokia Android portfolio. We have also reported some exclusive information about upcoming Nokia Android smartphone Nokia D1C, which is quite can read our full Nokia D1C coverage by clicking here.
Read our Full Nokia Phones coverage:
- Would Nokia 10 feature multi-lens Zoom camera tech from Zeiss? Joining the dots
- Rumor: 2018 Nokia Flagship with Penta-Lens Camera, Snapdragon 845 & Nokia 8 2018 in works.
- TA-1016 & TA-1045, US-bound Nokia 7/6 2018 variants appear at FCC
- HMD confirms Nokia Phones launch event on February 25 in the run-up to MWC 2018
- [List of Markets] Nokia 5 on Android Nougat receiving January Security update now
- January Security update for Nokia 6 2017 (Nougat) now rolling out [List of markets]
- [List of Markets] January Android Security update for Nokia 8 available now
- HMD: Expect MWC 2018 to be “awesome” for Nokia Phones
- Nokia 3310 4G (TA-1077) has passed Bluetooth certification before official launch
- Updated: Nokia 7 & Nokia 6 2018 may not arrive in India before March
- Nokia 3 receiving January Android Security update in many markets
- Nokia 7 receiving Android Oreo in China. Nokia 6 2017 to get it soon
- Nokia 6 2018 enjoys great user ratings/reviews across retailers in China
- Nokia 6 2018 sold out at Suning in 12 minutes selling 10000 units. Sold out at JD too
- Nokia 6 2018 pre-sales registrations touch 280,000 before sales-start tomorrow
- Nokia 8 Sirocco revealed in the latest Nokia Camera tear-down [APK download]
- Nokia 5 gets Android Oreo Beta Build V5.19 with January Security update
- Lowest price in UK: Nokia 5 [£149], Nokia 8 [£399], Nokia 6 [£169] & Nokia 3 [£99]
- Lowest price deals in India for Nokia 5 – Rs 11120, Nokia 8 – Rs 32450, Nokia 6 – Rs 14199, Nokia 2 – Rs 6595, Nokia 3 – Rs 7849
- Nokia 6 & 7 receive January Security update in China with Spectre & Meltdown fixes