In an interview to Economic Times in India, HMD top management team has touched upon many things about upcoming Nokia Android smartphones. From the interview, it seems clear that the ex-Nokia management team is all set to take the smartphone world by storm.
While premium Nokia quality and innovations are given we can also expect very competitive pricing. It also seems Nokia will cater to many price points instead of going for only the top-end of smartphone space. Nokia D1C is Nokia’s upcoming Android smartphone targeted to low to mid-range of the smartphone buyers.
Q: Will there be entry level smartphones, under $100?
It will be premium execution in each and every price point and we know how important our mid to low price point devices in India and we are carefully looking at consumers and what they want us to do.
Q: How do you plan to counter extreme competition in India?
A:We are going to be extremely comeptitive in terms of the specifications and price but we’re not going to be highlighting the megapixels or Ghz. This is going to be the true Nokia entering the market again.
Florian: We have the opportunity to distance from the competition, we can take a human aspect on technology. We have the brand equity and we want to leverage that to the fullest. Every product, marketing, will be the true to the Nokia brand and the foundation of it. Stability, quality, reliabilty and then we’re bringing in innovation where it matters the most for consumer, and removing the clutter. This will be seen through Nokia line up coming to life again.
It also feels great to hear that HMD is all set to take it as a long-term game and is ready to dug its heels.
Q: How confident are you for taking Nokia back to the glory days of 70% market share in India and global leadership?
A: 70% sounds fantastic and it might be that the world is not exactly what is used to be 5-10 years ago. But we have no doubt in a market like India, in other markets also, that we’re going to be extremely strong player. And we have the patience to do this, it is a long term plan together with all our partners including manufacturing partners. We’re not here to rush but we’re absolutely confident that we’re taking a significant share in the coming years.
We earlier reported about two high-end Nokia Android Nougat Phones in works as a part of upcoming Nokia Android portfolio. We have also reported some exclusive information about upcoming Nokia Android smartphone Nokia D1C, which is quite can read our full Nokia D1C coverage by clicking here.
Read our Full Nokia Phones coverage:
- HMD: Nokia 3 to get Android 7.1.1 Nougat update soon
- HMD launches Nokia 3 & 5 in Taiwan revealing prices & availability details
- Amazon UK opens Nokia 3 & 5 pre-orders in UK revealing official pricing & release dates
- Nokia 9 variant TA-1012 now spotted with 6GB RAM on Geekbench. What does this mean??
- (Online buy link) Nokia 3 hits stores today in India. Are you getting one [Poll]
- HMD launches Nokia 3310, 3, 5 & 6 in Cambodia. Reveals Prices & Availability details
- Nokia 3 now available to buy in Portugal. Price & Buying details inside
- Nokia 3, 5 & 6 launched in UAE market. Prices & Release Dates revealed
- Carrier KPN opens Nokia 3 & 5 pre-orders in Netherlands. Details inside
- HMD to bring Nokia 3310 & Android Phones to Pakistan in partnership with Jazz
- Nokia Android Phones launched in Poland revealing Prices & Release Dates
- You can now subscribe to Amazon for Nokia 6 Flash Sale
- Nokia 5 pre-bookings will begin in these select Indian cities on July 7
- Nokia 3, 5, 6 buyers to get offers from Vodafone & MakeMyTrip in India
- Here are Nokia 3, 5 and 6 Prices & Availability details for India
- Clove re-opens pre-orders for Nokia 3 & 5 in UK, claims to reveal Nokia launch date
- Vodafone Romania to sell Copper White Nokia 3 exclusively. Reveals Price & Release Date
- Nokia 3, 5 and 6 User Guides & updated support information now available
- Nokia 3 and Nokia 5 available to buy in South Africa now. Prices & Buy links inside
- HMD launches Nokia 3, 5 and 6 in Vietnam with good pricing