HMD is all set to announce Nokia Android Phones at MWC 2017 on February 2016. Nokia 6 is the only official Nokia Android Phone yet. It is China and exclusive for now, where it has sold out twice in what appeared as flash sales.
Now, if recent news from two major retailers from UK and Germany are some indication, it seems we will see more retailer exclusives across more markets. In Germany, Mobilcom-Debitel has been entrusted with bringing Nokia Android Phones and it got Nokia 150 as exclusive.
In UK, Carphone Warehouse got Nokia 150 as exclusive and it has hinted that it will bring Nokia Android Phones when they are announced.
So, it looks like HMD is planning to adopt the Retailer exclusive strategy to push Nokia Android Phones in major markets. This makes sense too considering the retailer may help in making it popular by partnering in marketing efforts.
It can also help by making product popular by converging demand to a single place. We have seen this happening in China in case of Nokia 6.
We can expect 6-7 Nokia Android Phones in year 2017 as per a recent leak. Coming to possible global models, till now we have seen Nokia 6’s global variant TA-1003 and two other models TA-1008 and TA-1030 passing certification.
Read our Full Nokia Phones coverage:
- Nokia 6 (4GB + 64GB) version available at Flipkart now with one-week exclusivity (sources)
- A new 4G Nokia Phone with TA-1048 & TA-1071 codes appears at FCC
- Airtel offers Rs 2000 cashback on Nokia 2 & 3 under “Mera Pehla Smartphone” program
- New official-looking Nokia 7 Plus image leaks again in the run-up to MWC 2018
- Rumor: Nokia 4 powered by Snapdragon 450 coming to MWC 2018
- Countdown timer to Nokia Event at MWC 2018, Live streaming link
- Nokia 8 Sirocco concept introduction video re-imagines its design
- Sources: There is a “Nokia 8 Pro” powered by Snapdragon 845 in works too
- Nokia 7 Plus may come to India in May/June 2018, Nokia 6 2018 in April
- All that we know about Nokia 1: Specs, Leaks, Release Date, Price & more
- Nokia 8 stable Android 8.1 Oreo update hands-on: All new features/changes & impressions
- Nokia 7 Plus hands-on image leak confirms India as one of its destinations
- [List of marekts] Nokia 8 receiving stable Android 8.1 Oreo update now. Hands-on videos & What’s new in 8.1 Oreo
- Nokia 5 receiving February Security update now with Oreo build v5.22A [List of markets]
- [List of markets] Nokia 6 receiving February Security update now. TA-1033 variant gets a new Oreo Build too
- List of Apps supporting Oreo Picture in Picture Mode. How to enable & use
- All that we know about Nokia 7 Plus: Specs, Photos, Release Date, Price & more
- All that we know about Nokia 8 Sirocco: Specs, Leaks, Release Date, Price & more
- [Updated] India gets 4GB+64GB variant of the Nokia 6
- Good quality renders of the Nokia 1 leaked online
- Nokia 7 Plus good-quality renders leak. To be the first Android One Nokia smartphone
- Updated list of markets. Stable Oreo for Nokia 5 & 6: Trick to update, Dolby ATMOS & other FAQs answered
- Nokia 2 getting February Security update now [List of markets]
- IDC: 59.2 million Nokia features phones sold in 2017 resulting in 2nd top vendor rank globally
- Nokia 9/8 Sirocco spy photos captured at official HMD event in Indonesia
- Report: Nokia smartphones & feature phones enjoyed good rankings in major growth markets. Details inside
- Nokia 7 Plus concept introduction video & renders based on the leaks
- Nokia sold more smartphones than HTC, Sony, Google, OnePlus, Lenovo in Q4 2017
- Final Report: 4.4 million Nokia smartphones (11th rank) & 20.7 million Feature phones (1st Rank) shipped in Q4 2017
- Nokia 8 (Oreo stable) getting February Security update now [List of markets]