One more official conformation about at least two Nokia smartphones in works!! Bit worrisome part however is that this report from a senior Microsoft Exec reveals a timeline of early Q2 2017 for these smartphones.
As per a report published in a Vietnamese publication,
According to James Rutherfoord, CEO of mobile device commodities of Microsoft Asia – Pacific, HMD Global (the owner of Nokia commercial rights for 10 years) planned to launch two new phone products in the fourth quarter 2016 and at least two smartphones in the early second quarter 2017.
This kind of sits well with report from our own sources and even an earlier report from China via a Nokia Executive. Good news is that new Nokia Phones from HMD will start appearing in fourth quarter of 2016. This means revenue generation for Nokia and it being back in business.
The phone manufacturing factory of Microsoft in Bac Ninh, Vietnam, is managed by FIH Mobile. As per agreement between HMD, FIH and Nokia; FIH has acquired Nokia production facilities, global sales and distribution network from Microsoft. So, this plant may produce upcoming two new Nokia phones, expected to be launched later this year.
Read our Full Nokia Phones coverage:
- Nokia 5 on Android Oreo Beta gets new Beta Build V5.2 [APK Download]
- Nokia 2 pre-order opens in the UK. Available in Germany already. Details inside
- (Jan’18) Lowest price deals in the UK on Nokia 5, Nokia 8, Nokia 6, & Nokia 3
- Nokia 10 Penta-Lens Camera module design leaked. 18:9 display, double-glass design rumored
- New Nokia 5/6 Oreo Camera app improves low-light performance & autofocus locking significantly.
- (Jan’18) Lowest price deals in India on Nokia 5 (3GB), Nokia 8, Nokia 6, Nokia 2 & Nokia 3
- Would Nokia 10 feature multi-lens Zoom camera tech from Zeiss? Joining the dots
- Rumor: 2018 Nokia Flagship with Penta-Lens Camera, Snapdragon 845 & Nokia 8 2018 in works.
- TA-1016 & TA-1045, US-bound Nokia 7/6 2018 variants appear at FCC
- HMD confirms Nokia Phones launch event on February 25 in the run-up to MWC 2018
- [List of Markets] Nokia 5 on Android Nougat receiving January Security update now
- January Security update for Nokia 6 2017 (Nougat) now rolling out [List of markets]
- [List of Markets] January Android Security update for Nokia 8 available now
- HMD: Expect MWC 2018 to be “awesome” for Nokia Phones
- Nokia 3310 4G (TA-1077) has passed Bluetooth certification before official launch
- Updated: Nokia 7 & Nokia 6 2018 may not arrive in India before March
- Nokia 3 receiving January Android Security update in many markets
- Nokia 7 receiving Android Oreo in China. Nokia 6 2017 to get it soon
- Nokia 6 2018 enjoys great user ratings/reviews across retailers in China
- Nokia 6 2018 sold out at Suning in 12 minutes selling 10000 units. Sold out at JD too
- Nokia 6 2018 pre-sales registrations touch 280,000 before sales-start tomorrow
- Nokia 8 Sirocco revealed in the latest Nokia Camera tear-down [APK download]
- Nokia 5 gets Android Oreo Beta Build V5.19 with January Security update
- Nokia 6 & 7 receive January Security update in China with Spectre & Meltdown fixes
- Is that Nokia 1? Images of a new Nokia Smartphone’s back leak in China