One more official conformation about at least two Nokia smartphones in works!! Bit worrisome part however is that this report from a senior Microsoft Exec reveals a timeline of early Q2 2017 for these smartphones.
As per a report published in a Vietnamese publication,
According to James Rutherfoord, CEO of mobile device commodities of Microsoft Asia – Pacific, HMD Global (the owner of Nokia commercial rights for 10 years) planned to launch two new phone products in the fourth quarter 2016 and at least two smartphones in the early second quarter 2017.
This kind of sits well with report from our own sources and even an earlier report from China via a Nokia Executive. Good news is that new Nokia Phones from HMD will start appearing in fourth quarter of 2016. This means revenue generation for Nokia and it being back in business.
The phone manufacturing factory of Microsoft in Bac Ninh, Vietnam, is managed by FIH Mobile. As per agreement between HMD, FIH and Nokia; FIH has acquired Nokia production facilities, global sales and distribution network from Microsoft. So, this plant may produce upcoming two new Nokia phones, expected to be launched later this year.
Read our Full Nokia Phones coverage:
- Nokia 8 (TA-1012,TA-1052) getting November Security update now
- Exclusive: Nokia 2 Price in India and release date details (updated)
- Lowest prices (UK) for Nokia 8 (£359), Nokia 6 (£174), Nokia 5 (£129) & Nokia 3 (£99)
- Nokia 2 now available to buy in UAE. Pricing & delivery details inside
- Best deals (India): Nokia 8 (Rs 34299), Nokia 5 3GB RAM (Rs 12799) & Nokia 3 (Rs 8175)
- Nokia 8: How to capture a screenshot [Hands-on video]
- Updated: Nokia 2 pre-order opens at BestBuy, B&H and Amazon
- HMD: Nokia 6 Android Oreo Beta update “around the corner”
- Nokia 8 Camera UI, tips & tricks to get the best out of it [Hands-on video]
- Nokia 8 Display & Audio test: Outdoors, Video watching, Viewing angles & more
- A bug kills Background apps on Nokia 5 post Android 7.1.2/October security update
- Nokia 6 now receiving November Security update globally
- HMD teases “good show” for Nokia Phones at MWC 2018
- Nokia Feature phones drove segment growth in Russia, says Counterpoint
- Nokia 5 (TA-1053) receiving November Android Security update now
- Nokia 3 receiving November Android Security update now
- Nokia Mobile Support app update brings user guide localizations improvements
- Nokia 2 available to buy in South Africa as a Vodacom exclusive
- Nokia 3 Camera app receives an update with performance improvements
- Best UK deals (Nov) on Nokia 8 (£399), Nokia 6(£179), Nokia 5 (£149) & Nokia 3 (£119)
- Nokia 6 TA-1000/TA-1003 variants get November Security update
- First update to Nokia 7 brings November security patch and more improvements
- Nokia 8 now stuns iPhone X in speed test (real-life performance)
- Android Oreo update for Nokia 8 coming soon as Beta testing deemed completed
- Nokia Mobile Support app updated with improved support chat