One more official conformation about at least two Nokia smartphones in works!! Bit worrisome part however is that this report from a senior Microsoft Exec reveals a timeline of early Q2 2017 for these smartphones.
As per a report published in a Vietnamese publication,
According to James Rutherfoord, CEO of mobile device commodities of Microsoft Asia – Pacific, HMD Global (the owner of Nokia commercial rights for 10 years) planned to launch two new phone products in the fourth quarter 2016 and at least two smartphones in the early second quarter 2017.
This kind of sits well with report from our own sources and even an earlier report from China via a Nokia Executive. Good news is that new Nokia Phones from HMD will start appearing in fourth quarter of 2016. This means revenue generation for Nokia and it being back in business.
The phone manufacturing factory of Microsoft in Bac Ninh, Vietnam, is managed by FIH Mobile. As per agreement between HMD, FIH and Nokia; FIH has acquired Nokia production facilities, global sales and distribution network from Microsoft. So, this plant may produce upcoming two new Nokia phones, expected to be launched later this year.
Read our Full Nokia Phones coverage:
- This Cinemastyle video shot on Nokia 7 Plus is simply stunning
- All Nokia 5.1 Plus/X5 major specs & Photos revealed via Tenna certification. Comes with 19:9 display & Dual Rear camera
- Nokia X6 appears on Nokia Global site before the global launch
- Nokia 8 now getting June Security update. List of markets
- Android Oreo 8.1 Beta for Nokia 2 now available. How to enroll & get the update
- Download Nokia 8/2017 Nokia Ringtones, Notification & Alarm sounds. How to set
- Best Nokia 8 Sirocco deals in India, UK, Germany, Europe & other markets
- Best Nokia 7 Plus deals in India (Rs 24899), UK, Germany, France & other markets
- Best Nokia 6.1 (6 2018) deals in India (Rs 15399), UK, US, Germany & other markets
- Nokia 5.1 TA-1081 passes certification in Canada near-confirming its US & Canada launch
- Nokia 5.1 outshines Nokia 5 in recent Geekbench score
- Nokia 5.1 Plus/X5 as TA-1109 (?) passes Bluetooth certification with MediaTek processor
- Nokia X6 variants TA-1083 & TA-1116 pass Bluetooth certification confirming Russia as one of the launch markets
- Nokia Mobile Support app updated with new changes & improvements [Changelog & Screenshots]
- Nokia 6.1 aces the Scratch, Burn & Bend tests with flying colors
- Nokia 7 Plus June update brings Vodafone VoLTE support but corrupts many devices
- Nokia X6 2nd best-seller at JD, 4th at Suning post 5th sell-out. Blue model available in China
- June Security update available for Nokia 7 Plus now. List of markets
- Download Nokia 6.1/7 Plus/8 Sirocco Ringtones, Notification & Alarm sounds. How to set
- Nokia X6 gets ability to hide notch & apps with the latest update
- Nokia 1 Xpress-on Covers now available in UK & European markets
- Nokia 3.1 gets a release date in the USA, Amazon opens pre-order officially
- Nokia 8 Sirocco gets the June Security update. List of markets
- OTA update for Nokia 8 Pro Camera UI available in more markets now
- Nokia X6 global variant TA-1103 gets certified in Taiwan