HMD may be toying with the idea of using Iris Scanner on its upcoming Nokia Android Flagship Nokia 9, claimed an anonymous tip received by us. The tip also claims that Nokia 9 will have a QHD, OLED display. While this tip is not from our regular sources, we are covering it, because it claims to reveal detailed specs of Nokia 9.
As per the tip Nokia 9 may have a 5.5-inch, QHD, OLED display. There is no mention of two variants in this tip. It also claims 22 MP Dual-Lens, Carl-Zeiss Camera at the back and a 12 MP FFC. Nokia 9 will be powered by Snapdragon 835.
The tip also claims that Nokia 9 may be the first smartphone to feature “Nokia OZO audio” enhancements. Read more about OZO Audio and watch the demo here.
Nokia 9 may pack a 3800 mAH battery and will come with IP68 certification. Here are the tipped major specs and features of Nokia 9.
Nokia 9 Rumored Specs:
- 5.5-inch QHD OLED Display
- Snapdragon 835, Adreno 540
- 22 MP Dual-Lens Carl-Zeiss Rear Camera
- 6 GB RAM
- 64 GB / 128 GB storage
- 12 MP FFC
- 3800 mAH Battery
- Qualcomm Quick-Charge 4
- Iris Scanner
- Finger-Print Scanner
- Nokia OZO Audio Enhancements
- IP68 certification
- Android 7.1.2 Nougat
These specs look practically possible on the Flagship Nokia 9. But as we wrote in the beginning of this article, this is not from our trusted sources, so we urge to take it with a pinch of salt.
We earlier reported about leak of design sketches for a high-end Nokia with Dual-Lens Camera. So, there is a trend too and seems we can really expect a Dual-Lens Carl-Zeiss camera.
Thanks to the anon tipster for sending this in.
- Updated: Spy photo of Bezel-less Nokia 9/8 Pro with minimal notch
- Sources claim a Nokia 2018 Flagship prototype without a notch under testing too
- Our report about Nokia 9 with in-display fingerprint sensor confirmed by a report from China
- Exclusive: Flagship Nokia 9 still on the 2018 Roadmap with Nokia 8 Pro
- Expected MWC 2018 Nokia Phones & Smartphones lineup in the light of recent leaks
- Exclusive: Nokia 4, 7 & 9 leak via placeholder links at yet unlaunched Nokia India Mobile shop
- Updated: All that we know about Nokia 9: Specs, Leaks, Release Date, Price & more
- Nokia 9/8 Sirocco spy photos captured at official HMD event in Indonesia
- Sources: India to get Nokia 6 2018, Nokia 1, Nokia 9 April onwards
- TA-1005 is the Nokia 8 Sirocco and not Nokia 9, suggests the new evidence
- Nokia 8 Sirocco revealed in the latest Nokia Camera tear-down [APK download]
- Nokia 1, Nokia 4, Nokia 7 Plus, Nokia 9, Pro Mode, Telephoto mode references found in Camera APK tear-down
- Check our hands-on with Nokia 9 Covers. Nokia 3 fits the covers just fine
- Nokia 9 TA-1005 had passed Russian certification in May 2017
- Tip: Nokia 9’s front camera is this 5 MP Dual-Camera module (Full Specs)
- Nokia 9 (Avatar) appears on Geekbench with 6GB RAM
- Nokia 9 (TA-1005) 5.5-inch OLED display, Camera, Battery, Android Oreo & more confirmed by FCC leak
- Nokia 9 covers put its display at 5.5-inch (16:9), phone size similar to Nokia 7
- Two new Nokia phone codes TA-1077 & TA-1062 appear in Chinese Certifications
- Nokia 9 Dummy images mentioning headphone charging port appear in the cases/covers listings in China now