HMD may be toying with the idea of using Iris Scanner on its upcoming Nokia Android Flagship Nokia 9, claimed an anonymous tip received by us. The tip also claims that Nokia 9 will have a QHD, OLED display. While this tip is not from our regular sources, we are covering it, because it claims to reveal detailed specs of Nokia 9.
As per the tip Nokia 9 may have a 5.5-inch, QHD, OLED display. There is no mention of two variants in this tip. It also claims 22 MP Dual-Lens, Carl-Zeiss Camera at the back and a 12 MP FFC. Nokia 9 will be powered by Snapdragon 835.
The tip also claims that Nokia 9 may be the first smartphone to feature “Nokia OZO audio” enhancements. Read more about OZO Audio and watch the demo here.
Nokia 9 may pack a 3800 mAH battery and will come with IP68 certification. Here are the tipped major specs and features of Nokia 9.
Nokia 9 Rumored Specs:
- 5.5-inch QHD OLED Display
- Snapdragon 835, Adreno 540
- 22 MP Dual-Lens Carl-Zeiss Rear Camera
- 6 GB RAM
- 64 GB / 128 GB storage
- 12 MP FFC
- 3800 mAH Battery
- Qualcomm Quick-Charge 4
- Iris Scanner
- Finger-Print Scanner
- Nokia OZO Audio Enhancements
- IP68 certification
- Android 7.1.2 Nougat
These specs look practically possible on the Flagship Nokia 9. But as we wrote in the beginning of this article, this is not from our trusted sources, so we urge to take it with a pinch of salt.
We earlier reported about leak of design sketches for a high-end Nokia with Dual-Lens Camera. So, there is a trend too and seems we can really expect a Dual-Lens Carl-Zeiss camera.
Thanks to the anon tipster for sending this in.
- Nokia 9 (TA-1004) shows up with Snapdragon 835 at Geekbench now
- Nokia 9 prototype’s hand-made image leaked in China. 13 MP Dual-Lens Camera claimed
- Are these 1st Benchmark listings of Nokia 7, 8, 9 with Snapdragon 835, 660 & 630 in tow
- HMD registers four new Nokia Phones Design Trademarks in Europe
- 3 new Nokia phones TA-1013 / TA-1040, TA-1007 / TA-1029 & TA-1005 spotted in Russian certification
- Final Nokia 9 Renders & Intro Video based on the leaked sketch
- Teaser Video: Nokia 9 Render based upon the leaked sketch
- Claimed Nokia 8 / Nokia 9 Design sketches land into our inbox
- Feast your eyes on this new Nokia 9 concept with Bezel-less design, Dual-Lens Cam.
- [Updated with HMD’s statement ] Next “set” of Nokia Phones to be unveiled by end of Q2, 2017. Old Phone exchange may be offered
- Nokia 9 price & launch timelines tipped (Same Source)
- Flagship Nokia 9 may feature Iris Scanner, OLED Display. All Major Specs tipped
- Ultimate Competition to beat for Nokia 9: Galaxy S8 & S8 Plus have been launched
- Nokia 8 Concept with SD 835, Dual Carl-Zeiss Camera. Video has great Disassembly shots too
- Flagship Nokia 9 leaked design sketch reveals Carl-Zeiss Dual-Lens Camera.
- Watch Nokia C9 Concept with 23 MP Carl-Zeiss Camera, SD 835
- Watch Nokia 9 Concept with 41 MP Camera & Teaser Videos
- POV: Why HMD must talk about Nokia 8 & Nokia 9 at MWC 2017?