Microsoft has pushed Windows 10 Mobile Build 14926, the latest Redstone 2 Build to devices of Windows Insiders in Fast ring. You can read the official changelog of Build 14926 by clicking here. The build also has a few known issues as per the official Blog Post. Read them here.
Now we share our Impressions of the build including performance, multitasking, gaming, navigation demo, bugs & Installation experience.
Build 14926 Installation Experience:
The Installation experience has been a mixed bag in case of the Build 14926. On Lumia 640 XL, it took around 40 to 45 minutes for the build to get downloaded, installed, data migrated and the devices getting up and running. But on Lumia 550 and Lumia 650, installation simply fails and it has been noted in known issues too. In case it fails too many times, you can try pulling out SD Card and the try to upgrade.
You can refer to our common issues and errors fixing guide for more. You will be usually notified for a restart when the download has completed in background. You can check our tutorial on how to prepare for upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile.
Build 14926 Hands-on Impressions (Performance, Multitasking, Gaming, Battery Life & more):
We have used Build 14926 for 3 days as a daily driver. We found it to be a performer but bugs and issues have started appearing with introduction of fresh code.
- The Build 14926 impresses with its performance and responsiveness.
- It was found to be fluid during normal daily smartphone tasks like start-screen navigation, apps list scrolling, opening and closing of settings, handling calls, texts and more.
- We haven’t faced OS level crashes with it.
- Coming to other routine and important stuff, Mobile Data and WiFi connections work fine on our devices.
- Store app also has been working fine on this Build.
- System-wide sharing seems broken again
- Microsoft Edge has also started running into issues with hint of the new feature “Snoozing”. We noticed Tabs crashing during heavy browsing.
- Native apps like Maps, Camera, Outlook Mail & Calendar etc work without any issue.
- Gaming also works fine and multitasking with games open in background is rock solid
- Multitasking for apps works impressively and apps resume really fast from background. Apps don’t crash in background while multitasking
- Battery Life degradation is noticeable in the Build 14926
Major Bug & Issues:
- Bluetooth functionality needs a UI overhaul with control options like allowing “which devices to connect automatically” or “manually”. There should be option to manually search for Bluetooth devices.
- There is an issue with Action Center that now makes you go all the way to bottom to close / collapse it. It is quite annoying that you can’t swipe up from anywhere to close the action center on Build 14926.
- Sharing is Broken and Microsoft Edge is also giving issues
- Upgrade Issue is severe affecting many devices
In a Nutshell:
We are running Build 14926 as a daily driver on our devices. It is still live-able if you are a true Fast Ring insider with stomach for some bugs / issues but stronger love for new features. If not, better move to Slow / Release Preview Ring, as future builds may bring even more bugs. Build 14926 still remains responsive and performs well. Never mind the bugs!!
Read our Full Redstone 2 Coverage here:
[display-posts tag=”Redstone-2″ posts_per_page=”15″ image_size=”thumbnail”]