Microsoft last released cumulative update build Windows 10 Mobile Build 14393.5 to Insiders in Fast Ring. You can read the official changelog of Build 14393.5 by clicking here. The CU Build brings only fixes and improvements. The Build is the second cumulative update build over the Anniversary update RTM Build 14393. Now we share our Impressions of the build including performance, multitasking, gaming, navigation demo, bugs & Installation experience.
Build 14393.5 Installation Experience:
The Installation experience has been smooth for us in case of the Build 14393.5. It took around 35-40 minutes for the build to get downloaded, installed, data migrated and the devices getting up and running.
In case it takes too much time for you try a soft reset or plug-in the phone and it may work finally. You can refer to our common issues and errors fixing guide for more. You will be usually notified for a restart when the download has completed in background. You can check our tutorial on how to prepare for upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile.
Build 14393.5 Hands-on Impressions (Performance, Multitasking, Gaming, Battery Life & more):
- The Build 14393.5 is breeze during normal daily smartphone tasks like start-screen navigation, apps list scrolling, opening and closing of settings, handling calls, texts, Mails and more.
- It runs very smoothly and impresses with its responsiveness all around even on a low-end Lumia 550.
- Mobile Data and WiFi connections work fine on our devices. Store app is getting better with every small update
- Native apps like Maps, Camera, Outlook Mail & Calendar etc work fine. Sharing works flawlessly.
- Microsoft Edge has kept improving with every build. It loads pages faster and zooming, panning etc work appreciably well.
- Video streaming and playing also works fine without any issue like flickering faced on very early builds and we have demoed it too.
- Gaming also works fine and we have demoed with two games open at the same time on a Lumia 550. While these two games were not optimized for Windows 10 there are no crashes or freezes.
- Multitasking for apps works impressively and apps resume really fast from background. Apps don’t crash in background while multitasking
- Battery Life seems quite good so far during our hands-on usage of the Build. The Battery discharge rate seems to be the one of the lowest so far.
Major Bug & Issues:
- Microsoft needs to work with developers to get the Windows 10 Mobile optimized version of the games in the store, as optimization seems to be the culprit while multitasking with older games. Windows 10 UWP games resume instantly from background.
- Bluetooth functionality needs a UI and connectivity overhaul. Fixes for known Bluetooth issues too. Surprisingly Microsoft ignored it in Build 14393.5.
So, Build 14393.5 really feels like a daily driver build except for the minor Bluetooth related issues. Microsoft may release more cumulative builds for Build 14393 before making it the public release or Anniversary update.
We also want to make it clear that it is our hands-on experience with the build and your experience may vary and may be better or worse than ours. We recommend hard reset, if you are facing lots of issues. You can read our guide to fix commonly known Windows 10 Mobile upgrade, installation and usability issues.