Microsoft has been lately pushing Windows 10 Mobile Preview Builds at rapid pace to Insiders and now with a weekend push the team shows its intent to slog hard before “Anniversary update” gets final shape. So, we have Windows 10 Mobile Build 14385 now live for Fast Ring.
The Build brings “PDF support in Microsoft Edge” in new features or changes. It also packs many fixes and improvements including Battery Life improvements . It does have its own share of known issues that you can read below.
Windows 10 Mobile Build 14385 Changelog:
- You can open PDFs in Microsoft Edge and use touch to interact with the PDF (such as scrolling, pan or zoom) again without it constantly reloading the PDF.
- We have improved battery life for older devices, such as the Lumia 830, 930, and 1520.
- We fixed an issue where setting the SIM name on a dual SIM phone would sometimes fail.
Windows 10 Mobile Build 14385 Known Issues:
- Voice Recorder does not show up consistently as an option for Call Recording. We heard your feedback and are working actively on this.
- The keyboard doesn’t show up consistently for InPrivate mode on Microsoft Edge. We’re working on this. A workaround is to click on the Microsoft privacy statement hyperlink on that page and then the keyboard works in the search/address bar. We’re working on fixing this.
- REMINDER: We have changed the backup format for Windows 10 Mobile devices to reduce the size of the backup stored in OneDrive. As a result, if you do a backup on a device running the latest Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview builds and move back to the released version of Windows 10 Mobile (Build 10586) and restore from your backup – your Start screen layout won’t restore and remain the default Start layout. Your previous backup also gets overwritten. If you need to go back to Build 10586 temporarily, once you are on Build 10586 you should disable backup so it doesn’t overwrite the good backup from Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview builds.