In this Nokia 3 Hands-on video we test the display and audio output quality of Nokia 3. Nokia 3 comes with a 5.0” IPS LCD display with HD resolution (1280 x 720, 16:9). It is a laminated display with polarizers for better fingerprint resistance, outdoor readability and viewing angles.
So, for testing this display we benchmarked it against Nexus 5X, an older flagship and Lumia 640 XL, an older mid-ranger. You can watch the video for more but here are our observations.
- Nokia 3 display is very bright and beats both Nexus 5X and Lumia 640 XL displays in brightness
- It has very good color interpretation. Colors come out vibrant and blacks look deep even though it is a LCD display
- Fingerprint resistance is a very nice feature of Nokia 3 display and we are impressed
- Viewing angles are quite good and outdoor readability impressive
- Video streaming is a joy on Nokia 3 display
- This display though only 720p resolution feels like belonging to a mid-ranger and not to a low-end device.
Coming to Audio output, it is very loud for a smartphone. You can check our hands-on test video for more.
Other Nokia 3 hands-on videos:
We earlier posted hands-on unboxing, first setup, and impressions video of Nokia 3. In the second video, we showed you how to insert SIM and MicroSD cards. In the third hands-on video, we did a Nokia 3 UI navigation walk-through and also shared some exclusive Nokia features like Motion gestures and Nokia Support app.
Fourth Nokia 3 hands-on video, tells you how to activate System UI Tuner, a cool official Android experimental tool that allows one to tweak UI and add new features. In the 5th hands-on video, we demoed how to enter Reboot mode and Fastboot mode.