Microsoft is soon expected to release Windows 10 Mobile for Lumia devices running Windows Phone 8.1, but in meantime the company was also working closely with Xiaomi to launch Windows 10 Mobile on Mi 4 devices.
Today, Windows 10 Mobile ROM for Xiaomi is finally available to download. For those who are looking forward to try Windows 10 Mobile experience on Xiaomi Mi 4, you need to reflash your device with Windows 10 ROM. However whenever you wish to go back to factory version of Mi 4 you can again reflash the device with MIUI ROM.
You can watch the video of Windows 10 Mobile on Mi 4:
It is worth to note that Windows 10 Mobile ROM currently supports only LTE version of Mi 4. However Windows 10 Mobile experience could be a lot buggy on Xiaomi Mi 4 compared to Lumia devices.
You can download Windows 10 Mobile ROM for Xiaomi Mi 4 by clicking here. Check below for Windows 10 Mobile to Xiaomi Mi 4 official flashing instructions.
How To Flash the Windows 10 Mobile ROM on Xiaomi MI 4:
- Download the attached MiFlash20150601.zip file, decompress the file after download
MiFlash20150601.zip (25.96 MB, Downloads: 1758)
- Double click the MiFlash20150601.exe to start the installation. There will be starting note of installation, click on next
- A Windows Security Alert popup may appear stating that ‘Windows cant verify the Driver”, click on “Install this driver software anyway (I)”
- Once the driver installation is done, click on Finish to complete the installation of the Mi Flash Tool
- After completing the installation MiFlash tool will be in your installed programs of your system, double click to run the program
Downloading the Windows 10 Mobile ROM:
(we strongly recommend the first method to download)
Enable developer mode on the phone.
Enable USB debugging on your phone.
Connect Mi4 LTE into the computerand on the device, go to “Settings” -> “Other Settings” -> “Developer Options” -> “USB debugging” -> and enable the US debugging.