More than 70,000 apps are now available in the Windows Phone Marketplace. According to AAWP (All about windows phone) following are the highlights,
- Content is currently being added at the rate of 250 items per day. At the time of writing, 70,784 items have been published.
- Of these, 28,503 were added in the last 90 days and 6,936 were added in the last 30 days.
- These items come from 17,303 different publishers.
- The 50,000 app mark was reached on December 27th and the 60,000 mark on January 22nd. It has taken an additional 34 days to reach the 70,000 mark.
- Despite a slow down in February, the Windows Phone Market is growing much faster in its second year (average of 264 apps per day so far) than its first year (average of 91 apps per day).
For more on the data and statistics you can go to AAWP’s article.