Windows 10 Mobile Build 14915, the latest Redstone 2 Build has landed now on devices of Windows Insiders in Fast ring. You can read the official changelog of Build 14915 by clicking here. The build doesn’t have any known issues as per the official Blog Post. Now we share our Impressions of the build including performance, multitasking, gaming, navigation demo, bugs & Installation experience.
Read our Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary update review and massive changelog + hands-on demo of changes vs Threshold by clicking on the links below.
Build 14915 Installation Experience:
The Installation experience has been good for us in case of the Build 14915. It took around 40 to 45 minutes for the build to get downloaded, installed, data migrated and the devices getting up and running. Some Insiders have faced issues with installation of Build 14915, but it was surprisingly good in our case, even on a Lumia 535.
In case it takes too much time for you try a soft reset or plug-in the phone and it may work finally. You can refer to our common issues and errors fixing guide for more. You will be usually notified for a restart when the download has completed in background. You can check our tutorial on how to prepare for upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile.
Build 14915 Hands-on Impressions (Performance, Multitasking, Gaming, Battery Life & more):
- The Build 14915 impresses with its performance and stability. It was found to be responsive during normal daily smartphone tasks like start-screen navigation, apps list scrolling, opening and closing of settings, handling calls, texts and more. We haven’t faced OS level crashes with it.
- Coming to other routine and important stuff, Mobile Data and WiFi connections work fine on our devices.
- Store app also has been working fine on this Build.
- Native apps like Maps, Camera, Outlook Mail & Calendar etc work without any issue.
- Sharing has been restored in this Build and works fine again.
- Microsoft Edge is fast and stable
- Video streaming and playing also works fine without any issue like flickering faced on very early builds and we have demoed it too.
- Gaming also works fine and multitasking with even two games open in background is rock solid
- Multitasking for apps works impressively and apps resume really fast from background. Apps don’t crash in background while multitasking
- Batter Life has been stellar so far without any degradation
Major Bug & Issues:
- Bluetooth functionality needs a UI overhaul with control options like allowing “which devices to connect automatically” or “manually”. There should be option to manually search for Bluetooth devices.
- There is an issue with Action Center that now makes you go all the way to bottom to close / collapse it. It is quite annoying that you can’t swipe up from anywhere to close the action center on Build 14915. Hope, it is a bug and Microsoft has not made this undesirable change by design.
In a Nutshell:
We are running Build 14915 on your daily driver devices and it has really worked fine so far. There are some issues (known + what we found) but you can easily live with it as an Insider.
We also want to make it clear that it is our hands-on experience with the build and your experience may vary and may be better or worse than ours. We recommend hard reset, if you are facing lots of issues. You can read our guide to fix commonly known Windows 10 Mobile upgrade, installation and usability issues.