Mail & Calendar app for Windows 10 Mobile has received a major update.The new version is 17.6216.42272.0. There are lots of changes to report including new Dark Theme, more color options, UI changes and lots of new options. Check the screenshots and read below for full detailed changelog.
Mail & Calendar changelog:
- New Hamburger Menu design now reveals all the accounts that you have created and also lists the folders in currently used account.
- Settings, Calendar and other options have gone missing from the bottom of hamburger menu.
- Tapping on the accounts takes to all the accounts in separate menu page that now also has option to add new account.
- The pivot menu now houses settings, feedback etc
- New personalization option in settings
- Dark Theme support with options to set theme matching to the default phone theme
- Set theme color or any other color in settings
- The options settings also have “Digital Signature” and ” Encryption” options
- Calendar also has similar Theme and color personalization options
- Calendar’s UI has changed too and settings and feedback has moved to bottom pivot menu
- New Alternative calendar options.
While the changes like personalization options are so welcome, some changes don’t make lots of sense. Calendar to Mail integration & vice-versa has gone missing from the UI. Even the Hamburger Menu has too many accounts and folders options and many ways to do similar task or reaching to same place. I mean it can be more intuitive.