Readit, a popular and full featured reddit client today picked up a massive update in Windows store bumping it to version 220.127.116.11. The update packs with number of fixes and improvement to the app. Now you can get toast notifications of new post in subreddits if you have subscribed to it, which is a very nice feature in app. Developer has also implemented some new improvements for profile page in app. Check out full change log below.
What’s new in latest update
• Changes to the mobilizer of articles when “Mobilize websites” is enabled:
• New mobilizer, it still uses readability in the backend but it will be displayed essentially natively now
• Follows theme, no bright white flashes from the browser in dark mode
• Easier to read – no chrome in the page – just article content
• Failing to mobilize the page will just load the original web page
• Still working on the spacing of the page, sometimes certain sites will contain excessive spacing. Will fix it later
• There is a convenient link located at the top of the mobilized web page – click it to view the original version of the page. If a page isn’t mobilized well, use this link to just view the original.
• You can now save entire albums via the save button in the upper right when viewing an album.
• Saves in a subfolder of your current media save location with the name of the album. If no name is given for the album, it is saved under an “Unknown Album” generic folder.
• You can now get toast notifications for new posts in subreddits by enabling them in that subreddit’s sidebar.
• Shows up to 5 posts, no more than that. If there are more than 5 posts you will have to visit the subreddit. These are not silent notifications.
• Checks every 15 minutes for the most recent (at most) 5 posts from that subreddit since the last check. Uses very little data.
• Limitation: you must be subscribed to that subreddit.
• New profile features:
• Default category is “overview” which shows both recent posts and comments – can also be sorted
• Added a “gilded” category which shows both posts and comments that were gilded – can also be sorted
• Re-ordered the dropdown
• Updated the way comments are displayed – better margins, and separators appear between them now
• Faster loading and response times
• You can now open links in a new browser window via the comment context menu using the new “open in browser” sub-menu
• New browsing setting: Swipe actions – Default: on – Disable to disable the swipe actions in both the post and comment lists (mark as read/unread & upvote/downvote)
• New advanced setting: Show vote history – Default: off – Enable to show vote history from user tags in the UI. It still tracks your vote history in case you turn this on.
• You can now “delete” or unsubscribe from a multireddit via the context menu in the subreddits list (long press on multireddit or right click)
• You can now unsubscribe from a subreddit via the context menu in the subreddits list (long press on subreddit or right click)
• When saving an image, the filename will be the post title by default. (if possible)
• Fixed slow loading of youtube videos/video players in general
• The subreddit name and OP name of posts will now be in the same order for post lists and when viewing a single post
• When submitting a new post, the subreddits list will now be in alphabetical order
• The subreddits list will now be in alphabetical order for wallpaper and lockscreen subreddit pickers
• In a new link window from comments (such as viewing an inline image) on mobile, you can now tap on any edge of the screen to dismiss these windows.
• The comment count, to go directly to comments, now has a larger hitbox and you can tap in the blank space above or below it as well to go directly to comments.
• Fixed i.reddituploads.com posts not loading in user profile pages
• Advanced settings will now load immediately
• Fixed sidebar overflowing above the top of the screen on mobile
The latest version has been live on store. Hit following link to grab it from store.
[appbox windowsstore 9nblggh189c8]