This is quite a significant development for HERE and of course Nokia!! Nokia has entered into a licensing agreement with Samsung to bring HERE Beta to Samsung Galaxy devices. HERE Beta will be available for free and will bring HERE’s famous true offline navigation to Samsung Galaxy devices for the first time.
Not only Galaxy owners can now download maps for entire countries for offline use but also they can search places of interest and plan routes offline.
- Offline Navigation: Turn-by-turn drive or walk guidance without an internet connection for almost 100 countries;
- Detailed maps for download to use offline with your Samsung Galaxy;
- Public transport maps and directions for more than 750 cities in more than 40 countries available without an internet connection and live traffic information for more than 40 countries.
- Live Traffic and real-time transit schedules
- Save favorite places as collections and sync across devices and HERE.com
- Can sync routes with HERE app on Samsung Gear S
- Works with Samsung Car mode and Glympse ( a location sharing app )
So, we again stand vindicated after all and we thank our sources for keeping us informed about “Future happenings” today. So, now can anyone guess when HERE comes to iOS.