The last update for Windows 10 universal Phone app brought some new features but also brought a nasty bug that made the app nearly unusable. It made the app to crash upon launch nearly every time and we were also facing this issue on our devices. Only way to call anyone was to go to People app and dial from there.
Microsoft has now pushed another update that fixes this bug and you can use the app once again on your devices. There may be another fixes and improvements too.
For those unaware, listed here are features of the Phone app
- Make voice and video calls over your cellular network or Wi-Fi.
- Tired of hunting for the right number in your contacts? Just start entering a contact’s phone number when dialing, and then pick the matching name and number to give them a call.
- Make Skype calls quickly from your PC or mobile device.
- See your Skype call history in one place on your PC or mobile device.
- Listen to your voicemail and manage your messages right from the Phone app. No need to call your voicemail.
- Record your phone calls—cellular, Voice over LTE, or Wi-Fi—for future use and playback (requires consent from all parties on the line).
- Reduce the number of unwanted calls by blocking numbers from within your call history.
[appbox windowsstore 9wzdncrdtbwp]