Recently two rumors about N8 successor are floating from two reputed names Forbes and BGR. If we consider these two rumors together then we can conclude that,
- N8 successor/Nokia 803 is scheduled to be released at MWC, because it is indeed a high-end model for which many current N8 owners are waiting and holding on.
- It will obviously feature one of the largest camera sensor, because it needs to be better than N8 in imaging department (Real tough ask actually)
- The software feature mentioned by Forbes source can be swipe which might come with Symbian Carla, which is already being tested by Nokia for Bugs. Or it can be 1080P (Full HD) video recording, the only thing N8 doesn’t do (Though its 720P video provides better quality than Competitor’s 1080P videos and takes much lesser space)
First it was Forbes which reported from one of its sources that Nokia will unveil at least one new, high-end handset at the upcoming Mobile World Congress trade show. The MWC show, the mobile industry’s largest annual conference, is scheduled to run in Barcelona from Feb. 27 to March 1.
One of the company’s partners revealed Nokia’s plans to Forbes while promoting its own MWC product news. While the partner did not specify whether the upcoming device was a Windows Phone handset, it did say it was a phone that would run an unusual software feature normally found only on high-end smartphones.
After this it was BGR’s turn to report through their trusted source that, the Nokia 803 (supposedly N8 successor) will feature
- One of the largest camera sensor ever on a phone
- 4″ AMOLED screen – not the 3.5″ unit
- HDMI port
- NFC connectivity
- MicroSIM slot
It was also mentioned that Nokia 803 is expected to be released sometimes in May.