Smartlabs, a US-based new brand-partner of Nokia has launched the range of “IoT-powered Nokia Smart Lighting product”. One of the Nokia’s focus market is smart home connected devices as per the press release.
The launch is clearly targeted at the US market and claims to bring European design for the American homes. The Nokia smart lighting product includes Paddle and Dial switches, a four-button, multi-function Keypad, Outlet and Bridge.
Coming to the features of the Nokia smart lighting range, Nokia has highlighted universal compatibility, dual-mesh network technology resulting in higher reliability, better range and scalability.
Universal Compatibility Makes Smart Lighting Simple
Smartlabs’ universal technology offers consumers the ultimate in versatility and customization for virtually any home. Nokia Smart Lighting switches and outlets work with (and from):
- Any lighting fixture – dimmable or on/off, adjusting each for perfect brightness.
- Any type of bulb – LED, incandescent, halogen or fluorescent.
- Any wiring configuration – one switch or grouped switches.
- Any location – at home, in the car or on vacation with Android and iOS apps, using voice assistants, or with a touch of a button or turn of a dial.
- Any preference – use as a standard switch or go smart with Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa.
The product line – including Paddle and Dial switches, a four-button, multi-function Keypad, Outlet and Bridge – provides for maximum flexibility to enable a smart way to upgrade any home, regardless of existing fixtures, wiring, bulb type or floorplan.
Combining maximum convenience with advanced technology, the Nokia Smart Lighting products make it easy for everyone to enjoy reliable smart lighting in any residential or commercial building. And unlike smart bulbs, these smart devices work even if someone has turned off the switch – a common issue in smart homes today.
Unique Dual-Mesh Delivers Reliability, Range and Scalability, Even if Wi-Fi is Down
Unlike wireless-only systems, Nokia Smart Lighting devices stay connected by utilizing the power of a dual-mesh network. The products combine Radio Frequency (RF) and Powerline (existing wires in a home) for superior reliability and responsiveness.1 This dual-mesh network brings the performance of wired and the convenience of wireless to ensure your lights work, even if the home’s Wi-Fi is down. Benefits include:
- Reliability: Your home is, wirelessly speaking, a battleground full of obstacles, and Nokia Smart Lighting products solve this problem by simultaneously using wireless radio frequency communications and your home’s existing electrical wiring to provide a level of reliability that no other wireless technology can match.
- Range: With Smartlabs’ unique and patented dual-mesh technology, Nokia Smart Lighting signals travel further without interruption than other commonly used, wireless-only technologies.2 Using the dual-mesh approach, existing electrical wiring and wireless obstructions rarely impede signals, resulting in a substantial reliability advantage over single-band networks.
- Scalability: Every Nokia Smart Lighting device can repeat messages across the network, eliminating latencies and the bottlenecks that can occur when a single device fails in a routed network. Each device stays in constant contact with every other device and can control (and be controlled) by the other devices – allowing users to add an almost infinite number of devices to customize their home without the limitations of other wireless-only systems.
Pricing & where to pre-order/buy:
The Nokia smart lighting products can be prebooked by clicking on the link provided below. Products are to be shipped in September.
Now available for pre-order from nokia.smartlabsinc.com, Nokia Smart Lighting product pricing ranges from $39.99 to $59.99 per device. Clean and screw-less matching wall plates are available in 1, 2, 3 and 4-gang versions.