We have heard many stories about Nokia phones saving lives of their owners. A recent incident reinforces this legacy of “Super savior phones”.
Now a tweet from “Peter Skillman”(GM of Core Ux for Windows Desktop, Tablet and Phone @ Microsoft) has image of a new savior phone. The phone took a bullet and saved life of its owner in Afghanistan. Interestingly Peter Skillman had worked on design of this phone.
A Nokia phone I worked on a few years ago saved the life of a man in Afghanistan last week. The embedded bullet…. pic.twitter.com/O2zBxadkDO
— peter skillman (@peterskillman) October 5, 2016
The phone in the image looks like a Nokia 105, one of the cheapest Nokia feature-phones ever. But at a time when expensive smartphones are exploding on their own, this story makes us celebrate the quality and robustness, Nokia Phones are known for.
Nokia is going to make a come-back in Phones first via Feature-Phones and then followed by Android smartphones and Tablets.
Read our full Nokia Phones coverage below:
- Nokia 3310 4G (TA-1077) has passed Bluetooth certification before official launch
- Nokia 5 on Android Nougat receiving January Security update now
- Updated: Nokia 7 & Nokia 6 2018 may not arrive in India before March
- [List of Markets] January Android Security update for Nokia 8 available mpw
- Nokia 3 receiving January Android Security update in many markets
- Nokia 7 receiving Android Oreo in China. Nokia 6 2017 to get it soon
- Nokia 6 2018 enjoys great user ratings/reviews across retailers in China
- Nokia 6 2018 sold out at Suning in 12 minutes selling 10000 units. Sold out at JD too
- Nokia 6 2018 pre-sales registrations touch 280,000 before sales-start tomorrow
- Nokia 8 Sirocco revealed in the latest Nokia Camera tear-down [APK download]