We have heard many stories about Nokia phones saving lives of their owners. A recent incident reinforces this legacy of “Super savior phones”.
Now a tweet from “Peter Skillman”(GM of Core Ux for Windows Desktop, Tablet and Phone @ Microsoft) has image of a new savior phone. The phone took a bullet and saved life of its owner in Afghanistan. Interestingly Peter Skillman had worked on design of this phone.
A Nokia phone I worked on a few years ago saved the life of a man in Afghanistan last week. The embedded bullet…. pic.twitter.com/O2zBxadkDO
— peter skillman (@peterskillman) October 5, 2016
The phone in the image looks like a Nokia 105, one of the cheapest Nokia feature-phones ever. But at a time when expensive smartphones are exploding on their own, this story makes us celebrate the quality and robustness, Nokia Phones are known for.
Nokia is going to make a come-back in Phones first via Feature-Phones and then followed by Android smartphones and Tablets.
Read our full Nokia Phones coverage below:
- Lowest prices (UK) for Nokia 8 (£359), Nokia 6 (£174), Nokia 5 (£129) & Nokia 3 (£99)
- Nokia 2 now available to buy in UAE. Pricing & delivery details inside
- Best deals (India): Nokia 8 (Rs 34299), Nokia 5 3GB RAM (Rs 12799) & Nokia 3 (Rs 8175)
- Nokia 8: How to capture a screenshot [Hands-on video]
- Updated: Nokia 2 pre-order opens at BestBuy, B&H and Amazon
- HMD: Nokia 6 Android Oreo Beta update “around the corner”
- Nokia 8 Camera UI, tips & tricks to get the best out of it [Hands-on video]
- Nokia 8 Display & Audio test: Outdoors, Video watching, Viewing angles & more
- A bug kills Background apps on Nokia 5 post Android 7.1.2/October security update
- HMD teases “good show” for Nokia Phones at MWC 2018