First things first, We have been tipped by one of our sources about this, but please take it with a pinch of salt.
What the source has revealed is very good news and may be many were expecting the same. They say that
- N8 successor aka 808 pure view will have two processor cores(Dual core)
- It will have Lumia 900’s design language, which effectively means that it will have Polycarbonate unibody but the screen will not be curved.
- N9 like display where icons seems to float on the surface.
Now if we analyse the dual core info, it seems somewhat relevant because of two reasons,
- 1080P video recording, which probably needs dual core processing power in case of Symbian’s ARM processors.Though as per I know 1080P can be achieved by high performance single core and GPU combo as well.
- Symbian Donna next to Carla and supposedly final iteration of Symbian is supposed to be compatible with only dual core devices. And it seems impossible that 808 will not get Donna as an update.
The Lumia 900’s design tip needs to be analysed more as many different sources are citing different designs for 808 pure view.
- But if this is the design, it oozes out beauty from every bit of it, and on top of that N9 like display where display is somehow glued to screen in such a way that icons seem to float on-screen is pure winner stuff.