It is great news for all those using their Lumia WP8 smartphones to keep updated with latest news and happenings around the world. One of the much appreciated digital magazine experience application on other major platforms comes exclusively to Lumia WP8 smartphones.
Zinio today has announced a strategic partnership with Nokia to launch the Zinio Windows Phone 8 app exclusively for Lumia devices. The application as per the press release debuts with a new look and feel optimized specifically for the smartphone experience, supporting and promoting the unique and intuitive features inherent in the Windows Phone 8 platform and on Lumia devices.
The partnership will also deliver special magazine promotions to Nokia Lumia customers providing them with the next generation digital magazine reading experience.
Major features include:
- Reading List – a seamless, up to the minute stream of select articles from trending magazines and full issues from user libraries, available offline and online
- Background downloading – Reading Lists update automatically while on wireless, fetching new articles and magazines.
- Personalization features – new preference picker allows users to define the article stream in their Reading List by area of interest
- Windows Phone 8 live tile support, bookmarks, pinning, and more
- Improved text mode support for easy reading on smartphone screens
- Seamless reading, cross-platform access, and the ability to purchase content as single issues, subscriptions and back issues.