Windows 10 Mobile Build 14393.351 is the latest RTM CU build released by Microsoft for Insiders in Release Preview Ring. While there is no official changelog for Build 14393.351 this CU Build may bring lots of fixes and improvements over the last cumulative update Build 14393.321.
Now we share our Impressions of the build including performance, multitasking, gaming, navigation demo, bugs & Installation experience.
Read our Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary update review and massive changelog + hands-on demo of changes vs Threshold by clicking on the links below.
Build 14393.351 Installation Experience:
The Installation experience has been quite smooth for us in case of the Build 14393.351. It took around 35 to 45 minutes for the build to get downloaded, installed, data migrated and the devices getting up and running.
In case it takes too much time for you try a soft reset or plug-in the phone and it may work finally. You can refer to our common issues and errors fixing guide for more. You will be usually notified for a restart when the download has completed in background. You can check our tutorial on how to prepare for upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile.
Build 14393.351 Hands-on Impressions (Performance, Multitasking, Gaming, Battery Life & more):
- Build 14393.351 certainly betters the experience of the Build 14393.321. When it comes to performance and fluidity it simply impresses.
- It runs smoothly and impresses with its responsiveness all around even on low-end devices like Lumia 550.
- Mobile Data and WiFi connections work fine on our devices and we have even demoed it during our hands-on
- It is fast and responsive during normal daily smartphone tasks like start-screen navigation, apps list scrolling, opening and closing of settings, handling calls, texts, Mails and more.
- Gaming also works fine and multitasking with even two heavy games open in background is rock solid
- Multitasking for apps works impressively and apps resume really fast from background. Apps don’t crash in background while multitasking
- Video streaming and playing also works fine without any issue like flickering faced on very early builds and we have demoed it too.
- Native apps like Store, Maps, Camera, Outlook Mail & Calendar etc work fine. Sharing works flawlessly.
- Microsoft Edge has kept improving with every build. It loads pages faster and zooming, panning etc work appreciably well.
- Battery Life seems quite good so far during our hands-on usage of the Build.
Major Bug & Issues:
- Bluetooth functionality needs a UI overhaul with control options like allowing “which devices to connect automatically” or “manually”. There should be option to manually search for Bluetooth devices.
- Bluetooth device to device connection may behave randomly. Even while connecting to other Windows 10 Mobile devices it may or may not connect instantly.
In a Nutshell:
Build 14393.351 is rock solid as a daily driver. But it doesn’t really fix Bluetooth issues faced by many users and Microsoft perhaps needs to work more on that.
We also want to make it clear that it is our hands-on experience with the build and your experience may vary and may be better or worse than ours. We recommend hard reset, if you are facing lots of issues. You can read our guide to fix commonly known Windows 10 Mobile upgrade, installation and usability issues.