In this Windows 10 Mobile step by step tutorial, we will tell you how to make apps install on MicroSD card storage by default and also how to move apps installed on Device storage to MicroSD card storage. First let us see how to make apps install by default to MicroSD card storage.
- Go to Settings–>System–>Storage or go to Storage in Apps list
- Now you can set the new apps will save to ‘SD Card (D)’. Please check the second screenshot in the image above
- When you set this option as save to SD Card, apps will start installing to SD Card by default. But you need to keep in mid that some apps can’t work after getting installed to SD Card and you may need to install them to Device storage.
Now, in case there are some apps that are already installed to your Device storage and you want to move them to MicroSD card you can follow these steps.
- Go to Settings–>System–>Storage or go to Storage in Apps list.
- Now tap on “This Device” to go to Storage usage.
- Now tap on Apps & Games.
- You will see all the installed apps & games. Now tap on any of the apps and tap on move option.
- In the next screen select “SD Card” as the drive to move the app to and you will see “moving” message under the app you have moved in above steps
- Remember you can do the same for moving apps from SD Card to Device storage too
You can read all our Windows 10 Mobile step by step tutorials by clicking here.