Microsoft has today pushed Windows 10 Mobile Build 15014 to Insiders in Fast Ring. The build brings some new features and changes but also some feature depreciation. App corner has been depreciated because of low use. The build also packs lots of fixes and improvements. Read the full changelog below.
Windows 10 Mobile Build 15014 Changelog:
- Purchase and read e-books in Windows 10 Creators Update (PC & Mobile): Windows Insiders in the U.S. can now purchase e-books directly from the Windows Store and read them in Microsoft Edge.
After purchasing your e-books – you will find those in your Books library, which is a new hub entry in Microsoft Edge right next to your favorites, history, downloads and reading list. Windows Insiders in the US get to try out this experience today starting with this build and we expect to add more content over time.
- Interactive reading experience: To navigate through an e-book, you can use the table of contents or seek bar at the bottom of the browser. You can search for words or phrases and ask Cortana to define specific words and view embedded video and audio content. And of course, pick up where you left of and leave bookmarks on the most interesting pages. You can even read your books when offline.
- Learning tools: You can widen text spacing to improve reading fluency and benefit from typography tailored to reading efficiency.
- Customize for you: Microsoft Edge is built for reading digital content on Windows 10 devices. You can make the reading experiences yours by changing the font and text size, themes, navigation control and more.
- EPUB support: In addition to PDF files and books purchased via the Store – you can read any unprotected e-book in the EPUB file format with Microsoft Edge.
With Books in the Windows Store and Microsoft Edge, everyone can discover and read their favorite content. This is a first step towards empowering people like entrepreneurs, students, creators, educators and others to learn and achieve more.
- Merged Wi-Fi settings under “Wi-Fi services” section in Settings app (PC & Mobile): We have combined some of the advanced Wi-Fi settings. Wi-Fi Sense and Paid Wi-Fi Services have been merged into a single section entitled simply “Wi-Fi services” under Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi. While you may not see “Wi-Fi Sense” mentioned – the feature is still there. “Connect to suggested open hotspots” is one of the settings under “Wi-Fi services”.
- Due to decreased usage, Apps Corner is no longer available in Windows 10 Mobile starting with Builds 15007 and above.
- We have fixed the issue causing some devices on Build 15007 to frequently reboot.
- We fixed an issue resulting in the Windows Hello greeting being missing from the lock screen.
- We’ve improved speed of displaying HTTP images on live tiles (for example, the images used on the MSN News app live tile).
- We fixed an issue where the phone’s display wouldn’t turn off in close proximity to your face when in a call and using Continuum.
- Stylized buttons in notifications are now aligned to the right – consistent with other system buttons in dialogs.
- We fixed an issue that might cause an Insider’s custom typing dictionary to be unexpectedly deleted.
- We fixed an issue on the new Bluetooth & other devices Settings page where Miracast devices would always show as connected, even if they had been disconnected.