Dona Sarkar from Microsoft has now posted a very subtle hint about Windows 10 Mobile Build 14942 being the next Fast Ring build. Check the image embedded in her tweet.
— Dona Sarkar @ #MSIgnite (@donasarkar) October 7, 2016
The rumor-mill last had claimed Windows 10 Mobile / PC Build 14941 as the next for Fast Ring. But seems due to a Windows update issue, Microsoft may have change in plans. So, now Build 14942 may be the next build for Windows Insiders in Fast Ring instead.
Don't you love when Microsoft jump the gun and then realize what they did? 14942 is now being considered due to Windows Update being broken.
— Synergy Insider (@SynInsiderEx) October 5, 2016
What is even more interesting is that this upcoming build may pack lots of new features and changes, as revealed by Core on Twitter.
Basically, whichever build Microsoft decides to release this week or early next week, it's going to be jam-packed with features.
— Albacore (@thebookisclosed) October 6, 2016
Coming to what new features can be expected in Build 14942, other tweets from Core talk about
- Login Certificates for the purpose of multiple automated device management
- “Recover from the cloud”, “Reinstall Windows from your PC manufacturer”
- Able to differentiate between tablets and 2in1 convertible devices.
- New driver management option coming up: “Uninstall this driver from any devices that currently use it”
- Windows is finally getting offline WU troubleshooting
- C:\Windows\HoloShell coming in the next Insider build
Microsoft last pushed Build 14936 to Insiders on both PC and Mobile as the preview Build for Fast Ring. We also officially heard about some new features that the Summer update aka Redstone 2 may bring for Windows 10 Mobile.
Read our Full Redstone 2 Coverage:
[display-posts tag=”redstone-2″ posts_per_page=”20″ image_size=”thumbnail”]