As expected and teased by Microsoft, Windows 10 Mobile Redstone 2 Build 14936 is now available for insiders in Fast Ring. The build 14936 packs fixes and improvements over the last Windows 10 Mobile Build 14926.
You can now download and install the build. Read the official changelog and known issues below.
Windows 10 Mobile Build 14936 Changelog:
- We fixed the issue causing the pin pad to not be visible to unlock the phone even after rebooting the phone.
- We fixed the issue where some phones lose the ability to use their SIM cards.
- We fixed the mobile hotspot issue where it works the first time but subsequent attempts to use the feature won’t work until the phone is rebooted.
- We fixed an issue causing some devices such as the Lumia 650 from failing to install a new build with Error 0x80188308.
- We fixed the issue causing some build updates to fail with an 800703ed error code.
- We fixed the issue where Action Center no longer closes if you swipe up on the empty space (area of Action Center that doesn’t show any notifications).
- We fixed an issue where notifications were unexpectedly showing the app logo within the notification when viewed in Action Center.
- We fixed an issue for devices that shipped with Windows Phone 8.1, such as the Lumia 930 and 1520, where if you plugged in a headset during an ongoing call, the audio would not be routed to the headset.
Build 14936 Known Issues:
- If you have your default storage set to a SD card for apps, installation of apps like WhatsApp, Facebook Messenger and WeChat will fail with an error. As a workaround, set your default location to your device’s onboard storage.