Microsoft today morning pushed Windows 10 Mobile Build 14379 to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring. The Build follows up the Build 14376 quickly that was pushed to Fast ring this week only. The Build as expected brings only fixes and improvements but no significant new features or noticeable changes. We will keep you updated however if we find anything new. Read the full official changelog and known issues below.
Windows 10 Mobile Build 14379 Changelog:
- We fixed an issue that could result in a stray focus rectangle becoming visible in certain apps, such as Groove or Cortana, after bringing up the keyboard.
- We fixed an issue where the aspect ratio of images on live tile wasn’t preserved if they need to be shrunk, leading to them appearing stretched.
Windows 10 Mobile Build 14379 Known Issues:
- You can open PDFs in Microsoft Edge but won’t be able to use touch to interact with the PDF (such as scrolling, pan or zoom). When you try to use touch to interact with a PDF, it will constantly reload the PDF.
- We’ve heard you and we are investigating decreases in battery life on older devices such as the Lumia 830, 930, and 1520.
- We’re also investigating Wi-Fi disconnect issues – if you are experiencing an issue with your Wi-Fi disconnecting, please see this forum post and make sure to upvote Wi-Fi disconnecting issues in the Feedback Hub.
- REMINDER: We have changed the backup format for Windows 10 Mobile devices to reduce the size of the backup stored in OneDrive. As a result, if you do a backup on a device running the latest Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview builds and move back to the released version of Windows 10 Mobile (Build 10586) and restore from your backup – your Start screen layout won’t restore and remain the default Start layout. Your previous backup also gets overwritten. If you need to go back to Build 10586 temporarily, once you are on Build 10586 you should disable backup so it doesn’t overwrite the good backup from Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview builds.