Microsoft last pushed Windows 10 Mobile Redstone Build 14361 to Insiders in the Fast Ring. You can read the official changelog by clicking here and we also explored and found some unreported changes that we have demoed in the hands-on video below.
Time for our evaluation and hands-on demo of the build 14361. Watch our Hands-on unreported UI changes, performance, multitasking, gaming and navigation demo of the Build 14361 and read our Installation experience and Impressions.
Build 14361 Installation Experience:
The Installation experience has been really smooth in case of the Build 14361. It took around 40-45 minutes for the build to get downloaded, installed, data migrated and the devices getting up and running. While we didn’t face any issue during the update, you may face it and best is to wait and let it do its thing and finish data migration. In case it takes too much time try a soft reset and it may work finally. You can refer to our common issues and errors fixing guide for more.
check our tutorial on how to prepare for upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile.will be usually notified for a restart when the download has completed in background. It may require up to 1 GB of free storage. So, check the storage before you upgrade and you can
Build 14361 Hands-on Impressions (Performance, Multitasking, Gaming, Battery Life & more):
Here is what you can notice in our hands-on video demo.
- During our hands-on with the Build 14361 we found it to be quite fast and responsive during start-screen navigation, apps list scrolling, opening and closing of settings.
- Microsoft Edge seems loading pages bit faster as compared to last Build and swipe navigation is really impressive.
- Native apps like Microsoft Edge, Camera, Outlook Mail & Calendar etc work fine
- Mobile Data and Wi-Fi works fine and without any issue
- Video streaming and playing also works fine without any issue like flickering faced on earlier builds.
- Gaming works fine and we have demoed it on both Lumia 640 XL and Lumia 550.
- Generally Multitasking works fine and apps resume really fast from background. Apps don’t crash in background while multitasking, but games take time in resuming from background.
- Battery Life seems promising so far during our hands-on usage of the Build and our Lumia 550 / Lumia 640 XL last 24-26 hours on average with heavy to moderate use.
- Bluetooth seems working fine on Build 14361
Major Bug & Issues:
- Microsoft needs to improve resuming of games from background. May be both developers and Microsoft need to work together about fixing it
- Bluetooth functionality needs a UI and connectivity overhaul.
So, Build 14361 is perhaps one of the best Redstone builds ever in terms of performance, multitasking and overall polish. It seems very close to earning a daily driver status for itself. We also want to make it clear that it is our hands-on experience with the build and your experience may vary and may be better or worse than ours.
We must mention that we haven’t done hard reset on our devices but we recommend if you are facing lots of issues. You can read our guide to fix commonly known Windows 10 Mobile upgrade, installation and usability issues.