Microsoft has pushed Windows 10 Mobile Redstone Build 14332 yesterday as the latest Redstone build to Windows Insiders in Fast Ring and rocking any Redstone Preview supported Device as per the official list. Time for our Installation experience, Hands-on and first Impressions of the Build 14332 now!! While the official changelog doesn’t mention new changes and features, the Build does bring some new and unreported changes and features over the last Build 14328, which you can watch in action by clicking here.
Just like Build 14328, the Installation experience has been mixed for the Build 14332. It was smooth on again one of our devices and depending upon the network conditions and connection speed, it took around 40-45 minutes for the build to get downloaded, installed, data migrated and the devices getting up and running. On another device it took around 2 hours and it was stuck on 0% download for quite sometime. Only this time devices were reversed in taking time for updates.You will be usually notified for a restart when the download has completed in background. It may require up to 1 GB of free storage. So, check the storage before you upgrade and you can check our tutorial on how to prepare for upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile.
Hands-on Impressions, Bug & Issues:
We have demoed the Build 14332 on two devices, Lumia 640 XL and Lumia 550 and here is what you can notice in our hands-on video demo.
- During our brief hands-on with the Build 14332 we found it to be fast, more responsive than the last Build 14328 and mostly crash-free
- The overall UI, Lock Screen, Settings navigation all feel sorted out.
- Multitasking looks good too with Fast Resume working fine even on Lumia 550
- Microsoft has now crushed the bugs in settings like Account Sign in options
- Some bugs like Phone app crashing while trying to dial has been fixed too
- Microsoft Edge crashes are also not present in this build
- Mobile Data and Wi-Fi works fine
- Battery Life seems promising so far
- Coming to bugs, Mobile Hotspot may take more than one attempt in getting active on Build 14332
- Some settings like Glance Screen are present in more than one place
So, Build 14332 is quite a relief from buggy Build 14327 and can be said to be a more promising build than last Build 14328. Our hands-on with this build is still brief and we may be able to find more bugs and issues after playing with this build for some more time. We also want to make it clear that it is our hands-on experience with the build and your experience may vary and may be better or worse than ours.
We must mention that we haven’t done hard reset on our devices but we recommend if you are facing lots of issues. You can read our guide to fix commonly known Windows 10 Mobile upgrade, installation and usability issues.