Microsoft has now pushed the Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.456 or Build 10.0.10586.456 as the latest cumulative update Build to Windows Insiders in Release Preview Ring. If the feedback from Insiders remains positive the build may make its way to all Windows 10 Mobile devices. We are now sharing our hands-on demo video, impressions (review) and Installation experience of the Build 10586.456. You can read the full changelog of Build 10586.456 here.
The Installation experience is pretty smooth for the Build 10586.456 and depending upon the network speed, it takes around 30 to 35 minutes for the build to get downloaded, installed, data migrated and the devices getting up and running. You will be usually notified for a restart when the download has completed in background. It may require up to 1.20 GB of free storage, though the update is about 705 MB in size. So, check the storage before you upgrade and you can check our tutorial on how to prepare for upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile.
Hands-on Impressions, Bugs:
As can be noticed in our hands-on video and evaluation,
- The Build 10586.456 performs appreciably well while in action. It consistently offers a polished experience during our hands-on time with it.
- It packs fixes to bugs and issues faced by Insiders in the last release build Build 10586.420, which itself has been a relatively stable build, so we can expect it to be as good if not better.
- Coming to stability, the build looks crash-free and solid as a daily driver. We haven’t noticed any freezes or crashes so far, even not for third-party apps.
- Coming to multitasking, Build 10586.456 does better than any TH2 or 10586.xxx build released so far. It resumes really fast on even a Lumia 525. Even UWP games resume instantly and we have demoed it with the latest Subway Surfer game.
- Microsoft Edge too feels much sorted out and renders pages really fast. Scrolling, panning & zooming is top-notch.
- Battery discharge rate is low and the battery life looks to be quite impressive with this build so far. You can refer to our Battery life guide if facing issues with Battery life on windows 10 Mobile.
- Gaming works smoothly on Build 10586.456 but some older games may cause issues if not optimized for Windows 10 Mobile.
- Bit annoying now that the visible bug we saw in last builds still remains. The start screen and other system settings like WiFi, Bluetooth and other are missing the icon in multitasking UI, which has been fixed in Redstone builds but Microsoft has not fixed it in release to markets builds. We were not able to find other major bugs on the Build 10586.456. Do let us know if you find any.
We must mention that we haven’t done hard reset on our devices but we recommend if you are facing lots of issues. We will come back with more detailed info about Battery life and bugs, once we have used it for few days.