Build 10136 Impressions:
1) One of the most stable and usable Windows 10 Mobile build yet. Doesn’t crash too many times and also doesn’t freeze too often even on devices like Lumia 525. Build 10080 was very unstable on Lumia 525
2) Much more polished than any other Windows 10 Mobile build and finally looks like that Windows 10 Mobile as an OS is taking shape. You can find a common emerging theme across the OS.
3) It brings many changes and new features and while visual changes may be less pronounced, the changes are very important as they define user experience.
4) Bugs though much less than Build 10080 are still there and while we have the build on Lumia 525, 640, 640 XL and 1020 we have faced bugs of different kinds depending upon the device model. Here are some of the common bugs.
- As you can see in the screenshot, it has happened twice on Lumia 640 but not on other three devices. Workaround: Restart and it gets fixed.
- Outlook Mail issue on Lumia 640 XL and it can’t configure MSA account mailbox. Workaround: A hard reset may fix this issue.
- You can’t add Outlook / Hotmail account from the options of adding account. Seen on all the devices. Workaround: Use other account (Pop / Imap) option.
- Store Beta still has download and install issues and many times it fails and crashes. Workaround: Nothing, just retry.
- Skype integration appears in contact card but you can’t place a call yet using Skype. Workaround: Nothing. Wait for the next build.
- The background image (wallpaper) doesn’t appear sharp on the start screen. Microsoft perhaps need to do something about it. May be simply allow higher resolution crop.
- Skype doesn’t work or gives error. Encountered on one of the devices. Workaround: May need to do a hard reset and then tap on Skype to install it from Store Beta.
- Common freezing and crashing of apps like settings. Start Screen and Action Center still may get slower at times across transitions. Doesn’t happen as frequently as older builds, though. Workaround: A hard reset may help but it may still need couple of new builds to reach to Windows Phone 8.1 GDR2 like polish and stability.