Yesterday Wazapp application was out to the world in Beta (0.1.6) version. What seems like a testimony to the developer’s commitment is the fact that Beta release has already seen two updates (0.1.7 and 0.1.8) tll the time of writing. Just go to Wazapp.im and you should be able to download and update the Wazapp Beta application on your devices.
Also, developer “Tgalal” has posted the answer to FAQs like, what these updates bring and other issues faced by the Wazapp users. Check below for more.
- Wazapp 0.1.8: Fixed permanent connection crashing when added to a new group (and caused permanent red dots, again!)
- Wazapp 0.1.7: It fixes an error that made you not able to receive any messages or receipts (and so red dots were remaining issue)
Note: You don’t need to remove Wazapp before installing new update. And you don’t need to re-register after updating as well
Here is a list of missing (and upcoming) whatsapp features:
- Fully functional group conversations
- Sending and receiving Media
- Sending emoji
What is this dot that appears when a message is sent? Red dot is message not sent yet. Yellow is sent and delivered to server, and Green is delivered to your friend
How long do I have to wait if registration fails? Registration failure error has a number like “fail-too-recent::X”, X is the number of minutes you have to wait before trying again.
Will I still receive notifications when I close it? -If you close wazapp by swipe down or from tasks window, it will remain running in background and you will receive notifications normally. If you close wazapp using the “Quit” button, it will totally exit and you won’t be notified about new messages
Does it support media sending (images,sounds, location ..etc)? -Not yet. If someone sends you media it will not show up on wazapp, and the sender will not receive a “delivered” receipt from you.
Does it support group conversations? -It supports group conversations partially. If you already belonged to a group, you will be able to send and receive messages on it. But you cannot create a group. Oh and you won’t be able to identify the message sender in a group as well 😛
Does it create an internet connection by itself? -It uses the current internet connection and does not issue a new one automatically. If you disconnect, reconnect, Wazapp will restore its connection automatically.
Does it support emoji? -No. And if someone sends you an emoji (smiley face), it would appear most probably as boxes. You might have seen similar behavior if you used Whatsapp on Symbian before it supported emoji
How does whatsapp fee and account expiry work on wazapp? currently if your account expired you won’t be notified. Wazapp will not be able to connect without giving a reason.
Can I choose or change my password? -No
How do I edit pushname ? -From accounts settings in accounts manager
Known issues with this version:
- Splash screen is not swipable
- Auto registration code handling doesn’t always work
- Notifications won’t go away until you click it
- Chat item text max length is according to screen orientation where it was initially calculated
- Received duplicate messages are not discarded
- Chat bubbles don’t scroll correctly on virtual keyboard open/close