Wazapp, the Whatsapp for N9 is getting updates after updates and within the time period of last reported update 0.1.8 to now, it has received two more updates ( 0.2 and 0.2.4) and these two latest updates can be termed as major ones. They have brought many changes like UI improvement, new features and bug fixes. Read more of the change log below.
One important note: To keep connected, please enable “Allow Background Connections” in your phone’s Internet Connection Settings For people getting “Login failed”. Please close Wazapp, then go to Accounts application and remove all your Wazapp accounts. Then relaunch wazapp again and make sure you complete registration successfully. You don’t need to remove Wazapp before installing new update. And you don’t need to re-register after updating as well
Wazapp 0.2.4 change log:
- Added support for displaying received Emoji (Thanks to @knobtviker)
- Fixed interpreting login failure as a connection error, resulting in reconnect loop then segmentation fault
- Fixed crash during sync because of encoding issue (resulting in “No Contacts” after sync), thanks to enki71
- Fixed notifications clicks for people not in contacts
- Fixed connection crash when push name has non ASCII chars (resulting in “Connecting” forever)
- Added Country picker in Registration instead of entering Country Code manually
Wazapp 0.2 change log:
- Revamped UI! Big thanks to CepiPerez!
- Fixed crash on sync when trying to decode a None status (Should fix initializing then crash issue)
- Now links in Speechbubbles are parsed and clickable (Thanks to @knobtviker)
- Splash screen is now swipable (thanks to MohammedAG)
- Splash picture is cooler now (Thanks to flopjoke)
- Added autocheck of updates and fetching changelog
- Notifications now don’t interrupt calls/music
- Notification sound changed to default chat sound (change-able from “Sound and Vibration” in phone settings)
- Clicking notification now opens conversation directly
- If inside conversation already, new messages are notified via a short vibration
- Now conversation bubbles are not duplicated after sync
- Now handling connection sudden termination (recv 0 bytes) during login
- Status bar is hidden now in conversation landscape mode
- If reader thread fails for any reason connection is restarted automatically now
- Context menu when hold down to a speech bubble, currently contains “copy” only
- Added ability to delete conversations. Holding down a conversation item in chats window opens menu.
- Now a ping is sent every 3 minutes to make sure connection is alive
- Added “No contacts yet” label when there are no contacts
- Temporarily disabled auto sync when there are no contacts (solves crash on sync cases)
Go to Wazapp.im for downloading the updated application.