Universal Uber app has received a new update for both Windows 10 and Windows 10 mobile. the latest update comes without any new changelog but brings Family Profiles features, which are only available for Uber customers in Atlanta, Dallas and Phoenix that lets up to 10 riders safely and easily share one payment method.
One feature passengers have frequently requested is an easy way to pay for family and friends. That’s why we are excited to announce Family Profiles, a new feature we’re launching in Atlanta, Dallas and Phoenix that lets up to 10 riders safely and easily share one payment method.
Here’s how it works:
For the Family Profile organizer:
- Make sure you have the latest version of the Uber app.
- Go to Menu and choose Settings.
- Scroll down to “Add a Family Profile” and select the contacts you would like to add.
- As soon as the Family Profile rider accepts the invitation, they can begin requesting rides from their own phone using the Family Profile as their payment method.
- The cost of the trip will automatically be billed to the Family Profile and the organizer will receive a receipt for every ride.
For the Family Profile rider:
- Open the email invitation to Family Profiles and accept.
- The first time you ride, make sure you’re using the latest version of the app and choose the Family Profile as your default payment method.
- Once selected, request a ride as you normally would and get moving!