State Bank of India brings a new app called SBI Quick to Windows Phone Store. This is a MISSED CALL BANKING which involves Banking by giving a Missed Call or sending an SMS with pre-defined keywords to pre-defined mobile numbers.
SBI Quick details:
Available for SB/CA/Overdraft/Cash-credit/Loan accounts.
This service can only be activated for the mobile number that is registered for a particular account with the Bank.
1. Balance Enquiry
2. Mini Statement
3. Blocking of ATM Card
4. Car and Home Loan Enquiry
What If I have two account numbers with the Bank with the same mobile number mentioned on both?
You can register 1 mobile number for any one of the accounts. If you want to change the mapped account number, you first need to de-register SBI Quick from the first account and then register for the second one.
Is it mandatory that the mobile number to be used for SBI Quick has to be registered with the Bank for that particular account?
Yes. If not done, visit your Home Branch and update mobile number.
Is it available for all types of Accounts?
SBI Quick is currently available for SB/CA/Overdraft/Cash-credit/Loan accounts.
Is there any limit of the number of enquiries that can be made in a day/month?
As of now there is no such restriction. Unlimited.
What are the Charges for this service?
1. The service is currently free of charge from the Bank.
2. A call for balance inquiry or mini statement will include an IVR message of 3 seconds which will be heard after 3-4 rings.
a. If you disconnect the call while ringing, no charge will be recovered from you by the service provider.
b. If you keep the call active till the IVR is played, you will be charged for these 3-4 seconds as per their mobile tariff plan.
3. Any SMS sent to 567676 e.g. for Blocking ATM Card will be charged at premium rates by your service provider.
4. Similarly, for availing the benefits of this functionality by sending an SMS (as BAL, MSTMT, REG, DREG, CAR, HOME, HELP), you will be charged for SMS as per their mobile tariff plan.