Today Slack team released a new update for their Slack (beta) app on Windows Phone. The latest update brings bunch of fixes and new features in app. Now you can DM yourself sending a link or note for yourself. Team has also improved the experience of inviting new people in conversations. Below is full change log.
What’s new in latest update
• You can now enjoy the newfound ability to DM yourself (it’s useful for links and notes, as well as for talking to yourself, should you so wish).
• Creating new conversations, inviting people to existing channels are greatly improved, as is the experience of joining channels
• “We want to be able to download pictures!” you said. Fair enough, we replied. Download away!
• The overall app performance has had a boost. While we’re not at the speed of light we’re one step closer to making your day a bit more productive with less waiting.
• Fixed: Notifications are wasn’t reliable and didn’t always load correct. They are now.
• Fixed: You can now search for someone by their name and not just their @handle.
• Fixed: Some users experience nothing when using the app. As in “null”. We can’t promise they’re all gone, but we think we’ve chased most of nothings down now, and made them into something’s.
• Fixed: It was possible to create a channel with invalid name. We make sure you can’t do that anymore.
• Fixed: You can now actually reopen a DM with someone you’ve DM’ed with in the past. As opposed to before, when you couldn’t. Sorry about that: We never meant to burn your bridges for you.
• Fixed: When signing in on Windows 10 Mobile, the first character on the email field always wanted to be capitalized. With stern words and sterner code, we put it in its rightful case.
The latest update has been live on store. The app version is now 2 016.706.354.0. Hit following link to grab it from windows store.
[appbox windowsstore 9nblggh1jj9h]