It’s finally here. TeamWin, the team behind the hugely popular TWRP recovery has finally managed to make it available for Nokia 6.1 Plus. So far Nokia 8 and Nokia 6.1 Nokia smartphones were supported by TWRP recovery.
In case you are not aware TWRP recovery enables you to do many things that you won’t be able to do on your stock Android device. Once installed you can use TWRP recovery to
- Create and restore backups of your smartphone
- Flashing new software update
- Formatting, cleaning, and repairing partitions
- Enable OTG/MTP support
Current and past versions of TWRP can be found at one of the mirrors below:
- If you already have TWRP installed: Download the latest zip and install the zip using TWRP.
- If you do not already have TWRP installed: Download both the img and the zip.You will need to have fastboot binaries and the correct drivers installed.
- You can grab latest platform-tools (fastboot binaries) from [here]https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools
- Now go in the directory where your adb/fastboot binaries exists.Connect the device to your PC.Enable USB debugging in developer options & then open a command window and run the following command from the proper location:
- adb reboot bootloader
- Your device should now be in the bootloader.
- Then again from command window run the following command from the proper location:
- fastboot boot path/to/twrp.img
- This will temporarily boot TWRP on your device. Use adb to push the zip onto your device:
- adb push path/to/twrp.zip /
- Even MTP is working you can also directly copy zip from your pc and paste to your device.
- Go to install and browse to the zip and install the zip. The zip will install TWRP to both boot slots. Installing TWRP at this time will remove root if you are currently rooted.