NuAns, a Japanese manufacturer has launched a new Windows 10 Mobile smartphone, NuAns Neo. The device seems quite interesting: unique materials, highly customizable and looks inspired from Lumia fabula design language. This is also the first launched Windows 10 Mobile device running on Octa-Core Snapdragon 617 processor and Adreno 405 processor, though we have earlier reported one such device from GFXBench. NuAns Neo also features USB C support.
It also seems that NuAns Neo supports cool features like Continuum for Phones and Quick charging that allows about 80% charging in one hour. As seen on official page,
NEO’s battery is about 1.5 to 1.8 times bigger than that of normal smartphones; giving the NEO life for about 2 days. However, because of the larger battery, charging takes a little longer. To combat this, NEO is equipped with Qualcomm’s Quick Charge 2.0, which increases the voltage for a quicker charge; charging about 80% in about an hour.
Here is one demo of Continuum for Phones on NuAns Neo. So, now it seems more processors will support Continuum. The NuAns Neo has a special Continuum accessory that doubles as a Table lamp too.
NuAns Neo Specifications, Features & Release Date:
- Highly Customizable with lots of back cover & Flip cover that works as a stand too
- Size : 141 x 74.2 x 11.3mm
- Weight : About 150g
- OS : Windows 10 Mobile
- CPU : Snapdragon 617 (MSM8952) – Cortex-A53 Octa-core 1.5Ghz
- Memory : 2GB RAM / 16GB Storage and microSD slot
- SIM : micro-SIM (nano SIM adapter is included)
- Support band : 2G（Quad band） 3G（Band 1/6/8/9/19 42Mbps/5.76Mbps） 4G LTE（Band 1/3/8/19/28 Cat.4 、Up to 150Mbps）
- Display : 5 inch 1280*720 with anti-fingerprint coating
- Camera : 13MP, F2.0, BSI, 28mm Lens (back) / 5MP, F2.4, BSI, 24mm Lens (front)
- Battery : 3,350mAh, standby more than 400 mins
- WLAN : 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- One speaker, two microphones
- USB Type-C (support Quick Charge 2.0)
The device has gone on pre-order today in Japan. The device looks interesting enough to be marketed outside Japan.