It is getting sort of confirmed now that Nokia is planning something related to bringing its unbeatable camera quality and Android in one place. While we reported some job openings hinting about Nokia’s possible plans about bringing a “connected smart camera” based on Android, now one more job posting gives it more force.
Have a look at the job responsibilities and description which talks about taking the camera solutions to various platforms.
We are looking for passionate camera driver engineer with an eye for quality and understanding of camera software from low level drivers towards the end user applications.
Main responsibility area:
The person we are looking for will take responsibility of designing and implementation of camera drivers for different camera solutions on variety of platforms.
But the job skill set again needs Android development and camera production testing experience,
- Solid experience on Linux kernel driver development
- Experience on implementing camera drivers
- Work experience in kernel software development
- Knowledge of flash drivers
- Android development experience
- Experience on driver development for MIPI raw camera sensors
- Knowledge of autofocus, optical image stabilization and other peripheral drivers is a plus
- Understanding of driver level enablers for imaging algorithms and tunings
- Experience on Camera production testing and sensor calibration
- Theoretical background on imaging
It clearly tells us that Nokia is targeting Android or may be even again other platforms with its imaging prowess. It looks like hardware + software, but even if it is software, then Nokia is on right track in terms of cashing on one of its very strong expertise.