Nokia announced completion of Withings acquisition days ago and now Withings has launched a new Digital Health Product called Body Cardio. Nokia has also announced opening of its new San Fransico office.
— Nokia Technologies (@nokiatech) June 9, 2016
Withings Body Cardio details:
It is a Connected Scale category redefining product with elegant design and very advanced features.
Using Pulse Wave Velocity (PWV) measurements, previously unseen in home scales, Body Cardio is the most comprehensive scale on the market.
Within seconds of stepping on the Body Cardio, users can see a holistic view of their health with accurate measures of weight, BMI, body composition (fat, muscle, water & bone mass), standing heart rate and the highly insightful PWV — a measurement that is a key indicator of cardiac health and associated with hypertension and risks of cardiovascular incidents
Withings Body Cardio Features:
- Introducing Pulse Wave Velocity to the Daily Routine: For the first time, Body Cardio brings this capability to the home scale, computing PWV based on the user’s age and time it takes for blood to flow from the aorta in the heart to the vessels in the feet. Body Cardio, along with its app, Health Mate, provides the user with the evolution of its PWV (m/s) over time and with an indication of whether their PWV is normal, optimal or at risk.
- Full body composition analysis:Using a scientific technique called biometrical impedance, it computes the body’s percentage of fat, muscle, water and bone mass – important information for general users as well as those tracking weight as part of athletic performance.
- Designed for Life:Body Cardio is only 0.7 inches thin with a flat aluminum base, footless design and heat-tempered glass. Created for a seamless weighing experience, Body Cardio provides accuracy and stability on any surface – whether it be wood floors, tile or carpet. Body Cardio is also with you for the long haul — the built-in rechargeable battery lasts up to one year between charges.
- Personal Health Coaching:Body Cardio also contains a number of features to encourage everyday use, a proven strategy to improve weight loss. These include graphs showing the user’s weight trends over time, their step count from the previous day, and even the morning’s weather report so they can choose an outfit for the day.
- Syncs with Health Mate iOS and Android apps:Body Cardio connects to the free, award-winning Withings Health Mate iOS and Android app and automatically syncs data after every use of the scale. The data helps users visualize trends over time and note how their weight impacts overall health. Within weeks, users can see how a healthy lifestyle impacts their PWV.
Withings Body Cardio Price & Availability:
Beginning today, it is available exclusively at Apple Stores worldwide and at Withings Store priced at $179.95. It will launch at additional retailers throughout the summer of 2016. You can go to Withings Store by clicking on the link below and buy one for yourself.