So, we fist reported it via our sources and now we have some evidences to share. We told you that Nokia is working on Android-based wearables related to Health and Wellbeing as part of Nokia’s plans to pursue “Digital Health” as the next Nokia Technologies business practice. Before this we had reported that Nokia is pursuing variety of smart wearables related to health and wellbeing, via some Nokia job openings.
Now recent job openings posted by Nokia confirm that the upcoming Health related wearables will be Android-based.
We are now looking for SW Engineer to join our New Devices Product SW team. In this team you will be developing exciting new products related to health and wellbeing.
Check the key responsibilities of two job openings.
- Hands on programming, testing and evaluation tasks
- C/C++ coding for Android and/or RTOS
- Tools, Drivers, connectivity protocols, Kernel, Device Tree configs
- Supportive SW tasks
- Android middleware code development, main focus on connectivity and sensor areas
- Take the technical ownership of the Android product SW in co-operation with the Chief SW Architect
- Owns the Android integration/implementation work on technical level
- Contribute in SW architecture design
- Contribute in ODM SW development steering together with Head of SW
- Hands on outputs in most complicated areas like connectivity, SPI and sensors
As you can also note here, Nokia may employ ODM route again to launch its range of Health & Wellbeing related wearables.