Nokia 8 started receiving the Pro Camera update for its Camera app starting yesterday. This was a long-awaited update that not only brought Pro Camera UI but also new imaging algorithms. So, we not only took our update Nokia 8 for a spin outside but also recorded a demo of the Pro Camera UI on Nokia 8.
While it is clear that Nokia 8 does perform better in low-light conditions after the Pro Camera update we will compare it with Nokia 7 Plus camera in a separate article. In this article we are focusing on the demo and are also sharing few tips to get better imaging quality with Nokia 8 and Pro Camera app.
Nokia 8 Camera tips:
- Use “Twin” instead of “Color” mode for better low-light images in photo mode
- In Pro Camera mode you can play with shutter speed to freeze motion by setting it at high (1/500 and around)
- Set shutter speed as low for gathering more light though you need to keep your hand steady
- Using low ISO helps in keeping the noise level less but then you need to set the shutter speed high to compensate.
There are some issues/surprises too that we noticed while doing hands-on with the Pro Camera.
- The Pro Camera UI doesn’t get launched if you are in landscape mode
- The shutter speed is limited to 1/2 sec maximum
- ISO is limited to 1600 maximum