We have tested the display and audio output quality of Nokia 5 in this Nokia 6 hands-on video. Nokia 5 comes with a 5.2” IPS LCD display with HD (1280×720) resolution. Nokia 5 has a laminated display and also comes with Nokia Sunlight reading technology for better outdoor readability and wide viewing angles. Read all Nokia 5 details including specs, features by clicking here.
We know how good the displays used to be even on Lumia mid-rangers with Nokia display technologies. So, for testing this display we benchmarked it against Nexus 5X, an older flagship and Lumia 640 XL, an older mid-ranger. You can watch the video for more but here are our observations.
- Nokia 5 display is very bright just like we have seen on Nokia 3 and Nokia 5. It beats both Nexus 5X and Lumia 640 XL displays in brightness
- It has very good color interpretation and contrast. Colors come out vibrant and blacks look deep even though it is an LCD display. If you decrease the brightness a bit the display looks comparable to Lumia 640 XL display in terms of underlying display technology.
- Fingerprint resistance is a very nice feature of Nokia 5 display and you don’t need to wipe it time and again
- Viewing angles are quite good and outdoor readability is very impressive.
- Video streaming and gaming looks great on Nokia 5 display
Nokia 5 comes with Smart amplifier (TFA9891) and the audio output is really loud. We tested the audio output while streaming videos and also while playing games. It comes out as impressively loud. Check the video for hands-on audio test.
Nokia 5 is really a capable smartphone that is fun to use for listening to music, streaming videos and playing games due to its audio output and display quality.