As expected Microsoft has now released Windows 10 Mobile Build 10586.318 (10.0.10586.318) to Insiders in the Release Preview ring and to non-insider devices running official versions of Windows 10 Mobile too. The Build brings many fixes and improvements over the last Build 10586.242 released to Insiders in Release Preview Ring. But since the Build 10586.242 was not pushed to non-insiders and hence Build 10586.318 brings more changes for non-insiders who were still on Build 10586.218. Check below for the full changelog.
You can read our hands-on impressions, bugs and installation experience of the Build 10586.318 by clicking here.
Build 10586.318 Changelog:
We have started rolling out the May cumulative update (10.0.10586.318) for Windows 10 Mobile today.
Key improvements in this release include:
- Reliability, performance and stability improvements.
- Fix for a problem that could result in unexpected battery drain while the phone screen is off.
- Improvements to the update system to prevent phones getting into a state where attempting to take an update may lead to errors 0x800f081f or 0x80070570.
- Fix for a problem that caused some phones to finish the initial setup wizard with an incomplete set of app tiles on the Start screen.
- Improvements to the reliability of USB-C connections.
- Improvements to Cortana, including a fix for a problem where music playback would not resume after dismissing an incoming text, and a problem with Quiet Hours not setting automatic rules for every day.
- Fix for a problem that could result in the phone to hang or restart when visiting certain web pages in Microsoft Edge.
- Fix for a problem that caused recorded video to be lost when answering an incoming call on some phones.
- Improvements for reliability of internet connection sharing (ICS) and tethering.
- Fix for a problem that caused the navigation bar to overlay and hide part of the screen for some apps on certain phones.