The Lumia 950 / 950 XL firmware update 01078.00053.16236.35xxx that brings Double Tap to Wake Up on these two devices is now rolling out OTA. Earlier the update was only available via WDRT and that too for only selected few markets and variants. The update is however bigger than expected and also bring improvement to camera and imaging quality including “Auto-Focus” fix, an issue we talked about in our Lumia 950 XL camera review. Read the full changelog below.
Lumia 950 / 950 XL Firmware update Changelog:
- Wi-Fi connectivity improvements, including fixes for Wi-Fi connection dropping randomly and Wi-Fi scan occasionally not returning any results.
- Support for double tap to wake enabled.
- Bluetooth connectivity improvements.
- Stability and reliability improvements.
- Camera improvements, including improved image and video quality, improved Auto-focus and fix for a problem that was causing slow motion capture to skip frames for some users.
- Cellular connectivity improvements, including fix for a problem that caused occasional network loss for some users.
- Audio quality improvements, including fix for a problem that caused voice call audio to get scrambled for some users.
The availability of the update may depend on your phone model, region or network service provider. Starting today, the update should become available for the first batch of phones and the remaining ones are expected to receive the update gradually.