It seems the firmware update is now rolling out OTA in UK for unlocked Lumia 950 XL as confirmed by many tips.
It seems the firmware update is now rolling out OTA in Australia for Lumia 950 XL Optus and Lumia 950 unlocked versions too. Many US and Canada users have also reported receiving the OTA firmware update on their Lumia 950 XL. OTA roll-out is not yet happening for Lumia 950 in US.
Thanks to many of you for sending us the tips.
The Lumia 950 / 950 XL firmware update that brings Double Tap to Wake Up and some cool camera improvements is now available in US via WDRT. Yes, it is still not available OTA and also AT&T Lumia 950 doesn’t have the firmware available even via WDRT yet. So, if you have the unlocked Dual-Sim versions of these two devices in US you can grab the update using WDRT.
Earlier the firmware update had gone live OTA in many markets. Read the full changelog below.
Lumia 950 / 950 XL Firmware update Changelog:
- Wi-Fi connectivity improvements, including fixes for Wi-Fi connection dropping randomly and Wi-Fi scan occasionally not returning any results.
- Support for double tap to wake enabled.
- Bluetooth connectivity improvements.
- Stability and reliability improvements.
- Camera improvements, including improved image and video quality, improved Auto-focus and fix for a problem that was causing slow motion capture to skip frames for some users.
- Cellular connectivity improvements, including fix for a problem that caused occasional network loss for some users.
- Audio quality improvements, including fix for a problem that caused voice call audio to get scrambled for some users.
The availability of the update may depend on your phone model, region or network service provider. Starting today, the update should become available for the first batch of phones and the remaining ones are expected to receive the update gradually.
Thanks to Charlie & Wagoner for the tip. Cheers!!